Respected Contributor

Bought Some Awesome Products at Ulta!

I am so excited, because we have retired to a very small town (no beauty counter anywhere unless you count Kohls).

Anyway, a couple days ago we went to a larger city. I went into Ulta and tried out a number of products and had someone show me how to apply them correctly. I ended up with a 4 in 1 Pur Minerals pressed mineral compact in Porcelain. This product is awesome. I applied it over primer yesterday when we went out. It stayed the whole day and until I went to bed. It also has awesome coverage...buildable. It did not crease or settle into my fine lines at all. Wish QVC carried this brand.

Also, I got a Laura Geller Blush 'n Brighten compact in Honeysuckle. I never thought that color would work well on me, but it is fantastic. The gal who worked there showed me a way to apply it that is totally different from the way I was applying blush. No wonder I always had so much trouble! She just kind of pinched the flat top brush and dabbed it on to where she wanted it to go. Then she did the sweeping with a clean brush to blend well.

I also bought the Pur Minerals chisel brush...absolutely awesome! I can use it for both the minerals and the blush. It has a flat top, yet is nice and full.

The best part was when we went out for dinner with friends last night, and one of them commented on how beautiful my makeup looked! Worth every penny!

This is probably not new information to you beauty experts, but for me, I just found out how having the right products and utensils makes a world of difference! I'm tired of buying retail at Walmart, and then discovering they aren't right for me. I have a whole drawer of makeup that I never use and need to go through and throw out. That really isn't saving money in the long run.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Re: Bought Some Awesome Products at Ulta!

@Yardlie,

Glad you're enjoying your new finds! I love Purminerals. It's my fave foundationHeart.Been wearing it for years. You are right, it doesn't crease or settle. That chisel brush is perfect for it. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Yardlie

I love Pur Minerals! Their Bronzer and Blush are  exceptional as well. A great line that had a cult following and has gone mainstream! Glad you love it!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info!

I actually went and looked up the PUR minerals 4-in-1 pressed powder ingredients on 3 different websites- Dermstore, Beautypedia and Ulta and all three have completely different ingredients! I will check PUR's own website to see what that one says- hopefully that is the most up-to-date and accurate ingredients list! Particualrly the amount of TD in each. I also see it has bismuth oxychloride- is that the ingredient in Bare minerals many get itchy over?

From beautypedia:

Active: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Other: Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides May contain: Ultramarines

From ulta:

Titanium Dioxide 17.0%. Inactive: Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, Lactic Acid (L), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Retinol, Ceramide AP, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

From Dermstore:

Titanium Dioxide 9.0%. Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007).

ETA: from Pur's website:

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, Lactic Acid (L), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Retinol, Ceramide AP, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007) Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 9.0%

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze ... The box that my product came in said that it has 17% Titanium Dioxide and it does contain the Bismuth Oxychloride. The inactive ingredients are different from any of those you posted. They must be constantly changing the formula!

I don't know if it could cause itching for some people. I guess I'm lucky...never have problems with my skin, so it works great for me.

I think the ingredients depend on the color.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brinklii wrote:

@HappyDaze ... The box that my product came in said that it has 17% Titanium Dioxide and it does contain the Bismuth Oxychloride. The inactive ingredients are different from any of those you posted. They must be constantly changing the formula!

I don't know if it could cause itching for some people. I guess I'm lucky...never have problems with my skin, so it works great for me.

Thanks @Yardlie! Well that is super frustrating. I wouldn't want to buy a product where the formula constantly changes because what if you no longer like the changes they made? They must change it rather frequently given all the variations on different stores! I posted the ingredient list for Porcelain shade for all of them I believe, since that is the color I'd get. I can't verify the beautypedia one though since they didn't say which color it was they listed the ingredients for.

And if the ingredients you mentioned aren't even the ones that matches PUR's own website, who knows which version we'd get when we buy at any particular place or which version is the best?  Who knows, maybe PUR's website is the most up-to-date version so the one you got at Ulta won't be the same next time you order it?  So even though you got it at Ulta it doesn't match the ingredient list I posted straight off Ulta's website?

Esteemed Contributor

Glad everythng worked well for you.  As far as i'm concerned Laura Geller is the Queen of Blush.  I must have every color of blush that woman ever made here.  She makes fabulous baked products.  Just received her Balance n Glow Foundation and that's a winner also.  Love her products.  

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze,

That's interesting about the varying list of ingredients of Pur's foundation!  It's disturbing to me that they do thisWoman Indifferent. In the past, I remember reading the list on the package but after that I never gave it much thought because I never had a problem with it. Now that I know their ingredients are not consistent, I'm reconsidering other options.Woman Frustrated Thanks for letting us know.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

I am so excited, because we have retired to a very small town (no beauty counter anywhere unless you count Kohls).

Anyway, a couple days ago we went to a larger city. I went into Ulta and tried out a number of products and had someone show me how to apply them correctly. I ended up with a 4 in 1 Pur Minerals pressed mineral compact in Porcelain. This product is awesome. I applied it over primer yesterday when we went out. It stayed the whole day and until I went to bed. It also has awesome coverage...buildable. It did not crease or settle into my fine lines at all. Wish QVC carried this brand.

Also, I got a Laura Geller Blush 'n Brighten compact in Honeysuckle. I never thought that color would work well on me, but it is fantastic. The gal who worked there showed me a way to apply it that is totally different from the way I was applying blush. No wonder I always had so much trouble! She just kind of pinched the flat top brush and dabbed it on to where she wanted it to go. Then she did the sweeping with a clean brush to blend well.

I also bought the Pur Minerals chisel brush...absolutely awesome! I can use it for both the minerals and the blush. It has a flat top, yet is nice and full.

The best part was when we went out for dinner with friends last night, and one of them commented on how beautiful my makeup looked! Worth every penny!

This is probably not new information to you beauty experts, but for me, I just found out how having the right products and utensils makes a world of difference! I'm tired of buying retail at Walmart, and then discovering they aren't right for me. I have a whole drawer of makeup that I never use and need to go through and throw out. That really isn't saving money in the long run.

@Yardlie, a couple months ago I posted about how much I like her Honeysuckle blush. It is not your normal pink or coral but more like a brownish pink, although that doesn't do it justice. 

It's a very natural-looking color for those whose skin is light or darker. I don't know that it would work for the very, very palest of skins. Guess it depends. It's a coppery bronze with swirled with light pink. 

I've been applying blush a bit differently, too. I don't pinch the brush but rather just dab it as you describe and then blend. I can't do the normal application in which you sweep up and around the eye because that makes my thin face look thinner. I need to keep it more just on the cheeks and almost horizontal, if that makes sense.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

SuzyQ3 ... Yes, the Honeysuckle is a beautiful color. Actually, I have porcelain skin, and it looks just great. I guess because it is buildable, it can work for all complexions. I never thought I'd like that shade on me, but I guess it's worth trying something new and unexpected now and then. I've been getting a lot of compliments on it.