Honored Contributor

Re: Blush for Winter...need recommendation

I second the Tarte blushes!  They are fabulous.  I'm light-medium neutral, which I know is not your skin tone, but they have some beautiful blushes.  You might find one that you like.  I have Exposed, Blushing Bride, Naturally Pretty, and just ordered Fearless.

Honored Contributor

I think it's difficult to choose a blush for someone else. But for myself I find that when I'm shopping for a particular shade I find that buying a palette with different shades is helpful. That way I can play with what looks best, particularly when wearing clothing of varying colors. A palette of blush is what I would recommend. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's difficult to choose a blush for someone else. But for myself I find that when I'm shopping for a particular shade I find that buying a palette with different shades is helpful. That way I can play with what looks best, particularly when wearing clothing of varying colors. A palette of blush is what I would recommend. Woman Happy

WetnWild has some very pigmented affordable blushes at the drugstore. I agree that palettes are great and there are a few at the drugstore. I just received a blush palette from Target by the brand Profusion. It’s a 6 pan and I think it was $10-$12, but 2 of the shades are pretty shimmering and I would use these as an eyeshadow or highlighter. Still 4 blushes and they’re pigmented with a swatch. I will play with it in the morning. 

Honored Contributor

I second @JudyL's and @Katcat1's recommendation for Tarte's Natural Beauty powder blush. It's a gorgeous shade that has a bit of warmth instead of being very cool. Don't be frightened when you see it in the pan. A little goes a long way. One of my favorite blushes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Another vote for Tarte blushes. They do have a plummy one that is very pretty that my fair skin can pull off if I use a light hand. I like it with burgundy’s, wine’s, etc. The name escapes me but it’s their 12hr blush formula. I only wear it during winter months, but it fits the bill perfectly.