Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman Boys travel sized assorted soaps & more new goodies!

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

Beekman soaps are nice and I have a lot of them.  Truthfully I think they are overpriced.

ITA with you!!!!!!!  I am glad I tried them and still have a stash of them but I won't be repurchasing. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I have tried a million different ones and the Beekman are the only ones my husband loved enough to say I no longer need to look further (thankfully). Plus they are made in the USA and cruelty free, which many brands, including Crabtree and evelyn,  are NOT, which are important factors to many of us. To us, they aren't overpriced nor expensive but I understand we all have different comfort levels in terms of what we are willing or able to spend. Thankfully we have so many choices out there to meet everyone's needs!

@HappyDaze

I just checked 6 bars of Crabtree & Evelyn soap.  All say they are made in the USA.  The ingredients are pretty much the same with Beekman except C&E does not contain goat's milk or sodium chloride.

As for my comfort level in what I am able to spend, it does not factor into why I think the soap is overpriced.

@lulu2 I just meant they weren't cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HappyDaze They said it was lightly scented so I figured it would not be as strong as the lemon verbena I have used before. Some lemon scents are really off & smell like a cleaning product. Hope that's not the case with this lemon.

When I saw  Verbena Officinalis Leaf Extract in the bar soap ingredients I wondered if it was a lemon scent. This is not in the other products in the set. They just list fragrance.

I've always really liked Lemon Verbena. I used to buy Le Couvent des Minimes Invigorating Body Splash, Verbena & Lemon from B&BW when they carried it.

Their website shows subtle fresh citrus/green fragrance. Can't wait to smell it. 

Okay well this gives me hope that it might turn out okay. I am sure we will be fine with the bar soap and body wash (which I will use as a hand soap) but the other things may just be gifted out. I hope it just smells more green and fresh, like an outdoor breeze or something, lol.

@HappyDaze Received my Beekman orders today. The Fresh Air does not smell lemony at all IMO. I put on some of the body lotion & can no longer smell it. The shower gel does not smell the same as the lotion out of the bottle. I will take a shower later & try it. I like the smell since it's light & airy like they also said. This would be a good set for anyone that does not care for the fragrance or highly fragrant products. I could not smell the soap bar since it's wrapped in that little box. On one show they did say it smelled like Lemon Verbena. Don't know where they got that from because it does not smell like that at all.

Back to add I took a shower & used the shower gel with my Salux cloth. I like it but did not notice much fragrance. Now after applying the body lotion all over after showering I can say I do smell a very light lemon scent. I can no longer smell it. I think I like it better then any of the other kits I have tried besides the Apricot Honey which I really like. I should have bought more for that price. Maybe they will have it again the end of Aug when they return.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz thank you so much for your detailed description of your experience with Fresh Air- it really does give me hope I will like it! I will be getting it Tuesday. Back when I first saw it on their website, there was no mention of lemon or lemon verbena just that is light and fresh and "airy" as you stated. It sounded so promising! Thank you for giving me hope! Smiley Happy I will let you know what I think when I get it.

Trusted Contributor

I was hoping my soaps would come early, but sigh

Contributor

This was my first time trying Beekman! I was excited about the goats, the benefits of Goat Milk, and how nice the boys are. I have to say, after receiving my orders I have mixed feelings. I ordered the TTV with the assorted bar soap. The soap seems very nice, love the creamy lather. However, in a side by side comparison, I can't say it felt or performed better than my L'Occitane soaps, in fact the L'Occitane was slightly more moisturizing. The scents were all pleasant, and none seemed too overpowering, although the Ylang Ylang is definitely the strongest out of the bunch. 

I also ordered the Pure Goat Milk collection, and here I was disappointed. I did like the lip balm, it works well without feeling heavy. But the hand soap had an unpleasant scent and the hand lotion and body lotion were just awful. They left my skin feeling dry, and I could really feel all the dimethicone they put in. To top it all off, they both contain mineral oil. The wipes were just ok, not something I would purchase again. The bar soap is something I will use, but once again, not sure I will repurchase. I wish I had gotten the second TTV instead with the body cream, as it sounds lovely. 

Lastly, I got the kitchen set in Citron and Watermint, and I was very pleased with it. The smell is herbal, very fresh and clean, perfect for the kitchen. The hand lotion has a different formulation with Goat Milk much higher on the ingredient list, and it felt much more mositurizing than what I received in the caddy set. I've reviews about it being sticky, but I found that after just a minute it absorbed beautifully and left my hands feeling smooth and great. I've only used the dish detergent a couple times, but it has a lovely smell and seemed to work well. 

I do want to support Beekman, and the local farmers and artisans they work with, so I will continue to purchase from them. I will just know to be more selective in what I order next time.

Honored Contributor

Evine really needs to add a "wish list" or "favorites" product option to their site. I'd have this set of soaps on there for sure!

I am here to confess - I was warned earlier in this thread that I should use up all my gel soaps before trying my one Beekman bar soap because I so would not want to use the gels after the bar soap. Could not believe that but I realized this morning that I automatically reach for my bar of honeyed grapefruit & don't even think about using my gel soaps anymore! lol

I am one who likes intense/strong scents in bath products but I don't want them to linger much, if at all, during the day. The Beekman scents seem like they will be acceptable though not as intense as my perfect product would be. The perfect one would probably be a bold citrus or mint that wakes me up like a big mug of coffee in the morning! lol

It is going to take some time to use up all my bar soaps (other brands, some locally made) but I will eventually be buying this - or another - variety pack of Beekman bar soaps.

Trusted Contributor

Ugh...I had an email this morning the my order just shipped by sure post. It couldn't possibly have shipped on Sunday so I bet that means the label was created. I need patience

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Ugh...I had an email this morning the my order just shipped by sure post. It couldn't possibly have shipped on Sunday so I bet that means the label was created. I need patience

whoa how long ago did you order @Jeannie29?

Esteemed Contributor

I received some of my beekman orders, but I also ordered the super bargain priced hand cream duo and a large bottle of hand lotion.  Those items just shipped out this past weekend.  I ordered three rings from the vegas jewelry show and since they were expensive items, they have shipped out immediately.  I find the more expensive items you purchase the faster the shipping is with Evine.