Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one

[ Edited ]

I've had a manicure(special occasions) Basic, shape and polish. 💅

Got a massage as a gift. Hated it! It hurt! 💆‍♀️

Never had a pedicure. Don't  like the idea of others dead skin in tub before me...Ewww! 🦶🏼 (yeah...I know they clean it.)

Never had a facial but I think I'd like that! (I'm a skincare junkie!)🧖🏼‍♀️

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I have had all of them, only Mani  and Pedi since the restrictions have been lifted, not doing facial or massage right now neither can be done with a mask on

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@FlowerBear wrote:

Am i the only one that has never had a 

facial

manicure

pedicure

massage

As you can tell Im very low maintenance lol.  But I do my skin care and take care of myself. Just never felt the need to do any of the above. Cat Very Happy

@FlowerBear    No you are not alone.  I have never done any of these things either.  I also have never sent  a text or received one... never driven on a freeway... and I could go on and on!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Before Covid I had a mani every 3 weeks.  Since then I decided to do my own. 

Respected Contributor

I've tried each of these at least twice in my life, and hated every moment of it.  That last was a massage, which I agreed to while attending a girl's weekend get together.  I was totally miserable!  I will never be talked into any of this again!

Honored Contributor

I have had all listed except only one facial because I broke out the next day.  I never break out but I did after the facial.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear NO, you are not alone, neither have I.  

Valued Contributor

I've had a facial and a professional massage many years ago. I consider them affordable luxuries.  Both times I was on vacation when I got them. 

I am strickly diy with my daily routines. But I won't discount getting a facial or massage in the future.

Self-care therapy is very important. Whethr you do it yourself, or pay someone. So if getting any of those treatments give you a boost, then you should go for it.

Massage can also be a part of rehab therapy.  Very important. 

Trusted Contributor

I love a massage; get maybe one a year; if I could get one a week I would love it.  I don't view it as a vanity or "high maintenance" thing because I carry so much tension in my shoulders that it is good for my mental health and stress!  Not sure they are being offered in Covid times and I would be leery anyhow.

Facials are nice except for that extraction thing they did once!    I have had possibly 3 in my life (62 years).  Love pedicures; again have possibly had 3.  I do my own toes in the summer.  Have never had a manicure.  I keep my nails short and I'm sure I'd chip the polish in a day or so!

Honored Contributor

Once in a while I give myself a mani. I have only had 2 mani's in my whole life. I  have never had a pedi.  If I wear sandals (which I rarely  do now) I polish my own toenails. Something about bare feet without polished toenails I have never liked....just one of my "quirks" I guess.  DH gives me a back rub for 30 minutes almost every night.  We have a hand held massager. It does help me a lot. If anything ever happened to DH, I would probably start going somewhere to get a massage. 

It's funny.  I used to work in make-up at a place that offered all the above (except massages). I just prefer to do my own, I guess. I have very white nail tips so just a coat of shine or light pink polish looks like a french manicure and its easy peasy. What I do like to spend my money on is make-up! I often have to remind myself that I have enough!

Respected Contributor

Of the things you mentioned I have only had a pedicure.  No massage, manicure or facial.