Honored Contributor

I have only had gel nails when I taught so my nails and polish would be in shape for teaching foods.

When I left teaching, I filed it all off and have been doing my own.

Honored Contributor

Have had them all.  It's so relaxing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had them all at least once.  I think it is a waste of money.  I don't get my haircut very often either.  When I "yell" at myself for spending a bit too much money at QVC, I often think of the things I "could" spend money on that I don't, like that very list.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I've never had a facial.

I've had a couple of manicures for special occasions.

I've never had a pedicure but Lord knows I could use one!

I've never had a massage because I have Fibro Myalgia (and a very low pain tolerance)

My husband would tell you I am NOT low maintenance! Smiley Surprised  

I have a mini fridge in the bathroom that's full of skin care Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Am i the only one that has never had a 

facial

manicure

pedicure

massage

As you can tell Im very low maintenance lol.  But I do my skin care and take care of myself. Just never felt the need to do any of the above. Cat Very Happy

I have only had a manicure. So no you're not the only one. I'm frugal about some things and low maintenance and getting a massage is just a little weird to me. 

Respected Contributor

Had them all except a facial.

If I could afford it I would have a massage every week!  Sooooooo wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Never had a facial. I have such terribly sensitive and reactive skin, that I'd be terrified to try!

Massage --- I have thought about it --- I guess it might feel good.  But I am kind of squeamish about the thought???

As for mani or pedi --- I worry about infection.  If anyone would get an infection, it would be me.

I am very low maintenance.  

I tell DH, you don't know how lucky you are to have me!  I can get ready to go in like 5 minutes! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I miss my mani's and pedi's.  Not planning on going until it's safe.  My toes look terrible.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom took me to get a manicure the day before I got married in 1970.  My first and my last.   Never had the desire to get a pedi, facial, or massage.  So, no, you are not alone, @FlowerBear.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I had a manicure once, none of the others. I don't like people touching and fussing around me. A massage...eww.

Your "eww", my "survival". Massages are by no means just an icky personal indulgence. For some of us, they were medical care that kept us upright and ambulatory.

I've never had a massage administered by someone "fussing". I 

wouldn't want to myself.