Honored Contributor

Re: According to PETA, Peter Thomas Roth tests on animals

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze

Yep -SMH.

Please do not push yourself.  Your body needs time to recover, treat it with courtesy.  I know you are proud of your strength, and want to get back to your workouts and work, but take care.  And look WHO is giving advice.

It really irritates me that a male must be present to get decent customer service in some fields.  The following is gross ~ not long ago one of my cats coughed up a hairball on to /in to my I phone.  Phone ceased to work.  I took it in as I carry a warranty and lifetime insurance on phone.  Told well dressed young man what happened.  He very officiously told me the phone could NOT be damaged and of course would still work. Handed it back to me.  I politely handed it back to him.   Then -  wait for it - he opened the case and SAW what was inside.  If you could imagine the most disgusted expression on his face while he tried to drop my phone into the trash w/o touching it.  He the set up a new phone for me.  SCORE 1 for the gurls!

BTW I have a baby possum story for you some day.

I've tried to make contact as well, using my secret decoder ring, but nada.  Worrisome.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe I know, I am trying to be good and have been actually. When I get the final okay, I promise to take it slowly. I won't try to jump back in where I left off. Scout promise!

LOL, ha! That is a good one!!  It makes me mad too. For the most part, I can fend for myself as I am not one shrinking violet by any means, lol, but for thre things I make sure hubs is with me- anything related to car stuff,  anything related to my phone, and anything related to our internet. They always try to pull one over on me and since I'm not very knowledgeable about those things and hubby is, I ask that he either takes care of them or at least goes with me. Sad it has to be that way.

Ah you can't get ahold of her either??? Now I am really worried. I hope her family is okay (and, of course, she is!!). I will try to call her again tomorrow. 

Oh I gotta hear about the oppossum story! I miss my little Trooper, hope he is well. I loved that pic @bebe777posted about the little guys eating watermelon, lol! Soooo cute.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe I know, I am trying to be good and have been actually. When I get the final okay, I promise to take it slowly. I won't try to jump back in where I left off. Scout promise!

LOL, ha! That is a good one!!  It makes me mad too. For the most part, I can fend for myself as I am not one shrinking violet by any means, lol, but for thre things I make sure hubs is with me- anything related to car stuff,  anything related to my phone, and anything related to our internet. They always try to pull one over on me and since I'm not very knowledgeable about those things and hubby is, I ask that he either takes care of them or at least goes with me. Sad it has to be that way.

Ah you can't get ahold of her either??? Now I am really worried. I hope her family is okay (and, of course, she is!!). I will try to call her again tomorrow. 

Oh I gotta hear about the oppossum story! I miss my little Trooper, hope he is well. I loved that pic @bebe777posted about the little guys eating watermelon, lol! Soooo cute.

@HappyDaze

Glad to hear you are being sensable about your recovery.  Do you find that when you have to force yourself to be sensable about something it is rarley fun?  I do.

*** Ditto me, except that I am the car trader in our family.  For some reason I am fearless about it, no shrinking violet here either.  I'll tell them I was driving something when I came in and I'll be driving something when I leave, it can be my old car or their new car, makes no never mind to me.

My veterinarian came to visit me while I was in the hospital recently.  That AM one of his Techs had found two baby, but weened, possums in her kitchen sink!  House was inspected and NO openings or any way of access were found.  But, there they were.  Anyway, she's is keeping them.  According to vet they make good house pets, not aggressive, get along with cats and dogs, are very clean & tidy, and are easily litter trained.  Who knew?

No, have tried email and snail mail with no success.  : O {

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze

Glad to hear you are being sensable about your recovery.  Do you find that when you have to force yourself to be sensable about something it is rarley fun?  I do.

*** Ditto me, except that I am the car trader in our family.  For some reason I am fearless about it, no shrinking violet here either.  I'll tell them I was driving something when I came in and I'll be driving something when I leave, it can be my old car or their new car, makes no never mind to me.

My veterinarian came to visit me while I was in the hospital recently.  That AM one of his Techs had found two baby, but weened, possums in her kitchen sink!  House was inspected and NO openings or any way of access were found.  But, there they were.  Anyway, she's is keeping them.  According to vet they make good house pets, not aggressive, get along with cats and dogs, are very clean & tidy, and are easily litter trained.  Who knew?

No, have tried email and snail mail with no success.  : O {

LOL @Drythe oh no when it comes to car BUYING I am a beast, lol.  It is only when we have work to do on our cars that my hubby needs to be around as I know hardly anything about cars so don't want to be scammed.

Awww so cute about the oppossums- how the heck did they get there?? lol! I had heard they do make great pets and wouldn't mind keeping Trooper but the weaning issue prevented me from doing so and I know that being in the wild is truly best for him, although I sometimes wonder since their survival rate is pretty low and they don't live as long in the wild as they do as pets so who knows what truly is best?

Yes, being sensible and "responsibile" is rarely ever fun, lol! Hence the reason I was a wild child. Smiley Wink

Now I am really  worried.