Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@Katcat1 wrote:

Helen,  That photo of Max in his chocolate kiss costume gave me a chuckle ---- so adorable.  I am surprised he does not mind wearing it.  Ava would be rolling around on the floor to get it off!  Cat Happy

@Katcat1, Ha! That's not Max...There's no way he'd allow me to dress him up that cute! He doesn't like things on his head, so I'll probably buy a trick or treat scarf or necktie for around his neck...we'll see!😊

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Hi Max!!  You look adorable. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@snardy  Yes, I'm a Christmas Day baby!!  I was born at 5 am in the morning in a raging blizzard.  I guess I wanted to make a good impression when I arrived Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@katte
So happy you and your sweetie found each other!❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

good evening friends.

I spent part of the day taking my time with getting things ready for my DD & DSIL's visit. 

I started preparing the fresh/frozen ingredients for my chicken pot pie so it will be easier to just put it all together tomorrow afternoon. I cooked the chicken breasts and thighs, fresh carrots and frozen butterbeans. I use canned corn and sweet peas, so I don't need to prepare them ahead of time. while I was cooking the chicken I almost had a little weepy moment. chicken thighs were my little Princess Daisy's favorite food. most of the time that's all we could get her to eat. 2 or 3 times a week we would boil chicken thighs and chop the meat up finely so she could have it to eat every evening. every time I cook chicken thighs I think about her.  I still miss her so much.

DH had his lab done this morning and his PTT was out of normal limits. well, duh! he takes aspirin every day. they had already told him to stop the aspirin on the 27th, which means that starting tonight he won't take it. but he took it last night, so what did they expect? now he has to go back on the 1st to have it repeated.

I'm really enjoying The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. it's about a writer from London who gets to know the inhabitants of The Guernsey Islands, who turn out to be inspiration for her book. they survived the Nazi occupation and all had their stories to tell. it has it's sad moments, but it's also full of good humor and is very cleverly written. at least I think so.

I'm sending blessings and good thoughts out to all.

here's a Biloxi Broadwater lighthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle, I don't think I knew your DD was coming to visit you this weekend. Your pot pie sounds so good. I'll have to look up a recipe to try one. Do you make it in a cast iron skillet? I know you still miss Daisy. Im sure you always will. Hopefully, in time, you'll want to get another fur baby, although she'll never be replaced. I'm sorry your husband has to be retested. You know he'll check out fine next time he goes. I love your picture tonight...

@snardy, if I could pick another place to live, Colorado would be one of my first choices. It's beautiful. San Diego is a great place, but it's expensive and getting very busy. Overall, my sister is doing very well. She keeps busy with her 8 grandchildren and three daughters, volunteers and has good friends nearby. I hope you and DH have a great weekend!😊

@Hayfield, you asked if my DD would marry again..we hope so. It's funny, because her ex never remarried either. They've remained friends which is good. Like I said, we like who she's with now but neither seem in a rush to make a real commitment. Time will tell and I've learned not to ask!  ETA...I just reread your drive into DC last night. Amazing, and you inspire me to get out and be more adventuresome! I usually don't go out after dark, Lol! Even missing your exit and driving through traffic sounded fun...thanks for the "heads up" on the movie. Sounds like you and your friend had a terrific time!

I heard we're getting rain tomorrow. I hope so! Waving Hi to Everyone! Good Night and Sweet Dreams!💤😴💤

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Well, my first day back at work after being off for two weeks was good.  I was tired though, as usual!  Today, it's off to the vineyards with our friends!  One of the wineries that we're members of is having a specail "pick up your wine perk day", we don't know what the "perks" are but we'll find out.  Our DH's both took off so we could go up on a Friday since the wineries are very busy on the weekends and it's my weekend to work.  I hope that everyone has a great day! 

Respected Contributor

Helen47--Max is adorable, makes me want to get a dog, sometimes!  Though I'll be having DD's dog here in the near future.  I haven't heard if the litter has been born yet, she said they were due the end of October, maybe it'll be a Halloween doggie!!! That would be fun!  I love Halloween, you don't have to cook a big meal or buy anyone presents!!!  Yes, not asking questions when it comes to our children's lives is hard.  Keeping my mouth shut is the hardest thing I've had to do since they've become adults.  My children know me though and know what I'm thinking anyway!  

Mochahoney--Sorry DH has to go back for tests!  Yes, there is a lot to do the in DC area and I do enjoy living here a lot but once DH retires it would be better to move to an area that's a little cheaper to live.  I'm not interested in this big house anymore either and downsizing here isn't cheap since housing is so expensive.   It's a hard decision since DD is here and DS is only 4 hours away and it's only 5 hours to where I grew up in PA, we're going up for Thanksgiving, so we are centrally located when it comes to family & friends.  Decisions, decisions!!!!

Respected Contributor

Katte--You have lived in a lot of places.  I was born in western PA and when I got married in 1978, I moved to Northern VA, so I haven't lived in that many places.  I've always had the four seasons, which I like, since once you get sick of one season, another is just around the corner.  I think I like fall the best though!

Catwhisperer--I'm glad that things are going well with DH.  I'm glad he's able to get a good night sleep, so you can get one too.  A good night sleep is such a gift.  When I was younger, I slept like a baby, no so much anymore.  

Respected Contributor

Snardy--Yes, my friend & I enjoyed the play very much.  I go to plays and musicals a lot now since there's nothing like seeing something live.  When my friend & I went to see The King & I at Lincoln Center last year, they had a full 29 piece orchestra and the music was beautiful.  I wouldn't be going to so many plays & musicals if DS didn't live in NYC and did marketing for these kinds of things and I have friends who enjoy going and now that the kids are educated and gone, I can afford to do these things, so I do them.  DH doesn't enjoy them as much as I and he only goes once in a while with me, but I go with my friends.  My little part time job actually pays for all my "fun activities".