Honored Contributor

Re: “2024”, Everyone, Please Join Us!

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

everyone is hiring but they really are NOT hiring. they just put their presence out there, to look but no one is really hiring. Lowes needs all kinds of help they won't hire because it would mean paying money to someone less money for lowes pocket.

mowed the lawn today, the guy i hired didn't answer dh text as to when he would be coming. so i figured it was a no show today. he finally showed up (dh texted him at 830am this morn) about 2pm today. i told him, he has got to come first thing in the morn for me. hate waiting wondering if the worker will show up. we can't do lawn work anylonger. just to much for us any longer. see what happens next week he is a typical  young man about 20 yrs old. he works on his own time.

super sunny here and very warm almost hot today. on humid side.

not much else. later guys.

It's frustrating, but would it matter if the lawn waited a day? Back in school, we'd say to take a chill pill😀

Honored Contributor

Good Early Evening!

@JustJazzmom , love your new fixture! Much brighter too!

I'm glad you treated yourself to a haircut and a Margarita! 
I missed the Billy Joel special but read it will be rebroadcast in its entirety April 19th, CBS at 9:00PM. This is due to a network error where supposedly it ended two minutes early? I hope to catch it then..

I've been binge reading a really good book. The title is The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah. It's set during the Great Depression. So interesting, I can't put it down. Such sad, heartbreaking times for many.

Wishing Everyone a great rest of the evening..

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  - The Billy Joel show is great.  You will enjoy it. I'm thinking of watching it again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the Billy Joel concert will be rebroadcast in its entirety on CBS on Friday @ 9PM ET.

Yes, some of the final song went black because certain news programs started at 11PM.

Sunday's Prime Time shows were delayed their usual start time by half an hour on Sunday due to sports events in the afternoon.

Yes, the light doesn't just stay by the ceiling with that older fixture. The additional 6" down rod pushes the fixture downward so the light doesn't bounce & illuminate the top shelves. It now illuminates the clothing. I wanted something that looked nice but not go overboard like I saw online in some walk in closet photos.

The laundry room had the equivalent of 85W (2 43W bulbs) in that fixture. I went out & bought 75W LEDs which of course have lower wattage to equal the 75W of an incandescent bulb. So there is now the equivalent of 150W in that fixture.  But the more important thing -- the lumens # was higher on the LEDs than on the original incandescent bulbs that were in that fixture. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light will look.

There are 2 60W LED bulbs in the walk in closet fixture. It's not a huge WIK about 9' X 5'. I bought 'soft white' bulbs. Originally there were 2 40W incandescents in the original fixture. 

The new light is called a semi flush mount drum light. Many of the 'drums' are fabric or plastic when I started looking at those type of fixtures. This one -- the drum is made of glass. I was worried that if incandescents were used with a fabric drum, the heat might dry it out over time. Or warp a plastic one. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

that billy joel concert that was premptied by 11pm news broadcast did not sit well with people across country that is why it is being rebroadcast. 

dh picked up the rental car today. our car is in for repairs from the hit and run accident (someone backed into our car-front grille took a hit) will be gone about 2 weeks -depending on parts how long they take to get.

we had a super soaker rain storm about noon today. now it is cold,damp and dreary today. going into a cold spell for several days.

not much else. later guys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got a 15% coupon from HSN this morning. The TS was Skinn, and I use the elixir facial oil and really like it. I just now had a chance to go to HSN's site to see what I could find. I didn't watch any of his presentations.  I wanted to try the mask, but it and most everything else was sold out. I did buy a peptide cream and spent much more than I planned. I hope I like it...the coupon helped!

We're keeping busy doing things indoors and out. My sister's coming out next week, and I'm so excited to see her.  The weathers been great, and there's no rain in sight.

I hope Everyone's doing well....Good Night!

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

hi all. I was feeling so much better last Sunday but by Monday I was drooping a little and my cough got worse. I don't really feel sick, mostly tired, but the cough is aggravating. it's a little better today.

DSIL is home with Ezra today. DH went to Jackson but I didn't feel like going, so I'm home doing a slug imitation. I've gotten some things done around the house, but in small increments.

DH is bringing home some pulled pork barbecue from our favorite BBQ place in Jackson, so no cooking tonight (yay).

@JudyL, I've seen some interesting recommendations for books on the Louise Penny FB group. our local library doesn't have any of the complete series, so I'll probably buy some on eBay. one I have on my watch list is the Susan Hill's Simon Serrailler detective series. right now I'm just getting into G.M. Malliet's chief inspector St. Just series and it's becoming more interesting as I go along. he's not Armand Gamache, but he'll do for now. Smiley Happy

BBL

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

OH my gosh, forgot to post

oh well nothing was missed. just stopping by to say Hello

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@SleeplessinSD  - The Billy Joel show is great.  You will enjoy it. I'm thinking of watching it again.

@JudyL , I almost forgot...we've got dinner plans, but I'm taping it. Love Billy Joel, such a great entertainer! 🎵 

I hope you're doing well..

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

very cloudy with a gusty wind off ocean

did get morn walk in, that is about all.

very chilly cold today