Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS YOUR TEMP SET AT?

74 during the day; 70 at night.  Would be very uncomfortable with temps in the apartment set at 50s or even 60s--brrrr!

Honored Contributor

We keep it around 65 day and night. 

Trusted Contributor

70 in winter and 70 in summer. Hubs and I think it's the sweet spot for us.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

You must feel pretty cold at all times in your house during winter?

Thinking you may be able to get some subsidy to help out if you want to keep the bill at around $57.00

Anything offered like that in your area?

Respected Contributor

@katie1859 wrote:

Central Illinois

62 here

I keep the furnace fan on

It keeps the air circulating so it's comfortable.

Blizzard coming starting at 4 am until Saturday

Then the temps drop to negative 35.

Will have to raise the thermostat then.

Brick house, stay warm.

@katie1859 

Wow 35 below temp?  Yikes and I thought our single digit below zero temps here in Denver was low.

Wondering if you have to do anything to prevent the pipes from bursting?

I have a friend with a log cabin here in town and he sets his temp at 72 to keep it evenly warm through this next arctic blast of 4 days.

We have our double sink taps running at a slow drizzle in the only sinks that are next to an outside wall.

And changed the furnace filter and keeping the heat at a moderate temp.

Honored Contributor

We keep the heat on 67. Flannel sheets on the bed with a Cuddle Duds blanket (Kohl's) and warm pjs.

This is our forecast during the cold snap.

IMG_2835.png

Esteemed Contributor

70 degrees in the living room and about 65 degrees in the master bedroom. I keep toasty at night because I have a down comforter but I freeze in the living room and either have a heated throw on me or two other throws.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I can't stand cold so I keep my heat at between 74-75 during the day and around 70 at night.  It's suppose to be in the teens this weekend here in the midwest  BURR !!

Respected Contributor

Our temperature remains at 72 winter and summer.  Occasionally I move it up to 73 so the furnace comes on if I get cold and may move it up occacionally to 74 in the summer if I get cold so the air conditioner doesn't run as often. .

I would not want to have to keep covered up with throws and blankets to keep warm.  I can't imagine living in a cold house as I am cold natured

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could never live in a frigid house in the 50s.  Thinking about it makes me shiver.  We keep the thermostat on 70, 72 if its in the teens outside.  I have to be warm and comfortable in my home.  We are in MA.