Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to ALL 11-20-15

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe the Sabbath, and a happy weekend to all.

Welcome to all those who are joining us today. Good Shabbos!

Prayers to the people of France in these horrific times. May this madness end!!

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

May your burdens and worries blow away with the wind.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

May our leaders who keep our country strong find the wisdom, courage and strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are healthy, and/or getting better.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Ellen, my dear Shvester, I'm so sorry you can't post on QVC from your computer. We miss you and wish you the best of good health ALWAYS.

Dear Donna, I'm always thinking about you and your mom, and hope she is resting comfortably. And we thank you for our delicious snacks!

Wishing you all a beautiful weekend. Enjoy!

Hugs, 
Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to ALL 11-20-15

Good morning Sunny!! Just stopping by to wish you a very Blessed Holiday Season. All is well at the Petes house. Grandpa Petes is still suffering through his treatments, but with his usual sense of humor and good nature. He's is truly an amazing man!! I'm recovering from knee surgery last week.....recovery is slower than I had hoped for, but I know the end result will be worth it. 

I sincerely thank you Sunny, for your wonderful posts every Friday. Your gracious words and encouragement are a source of inspiration for many. I hope the Blessings of this Holiday Season are bestowed many times over for you and your family. Thank you Sunny...take care!!

hugs to you!!

Grandma Petes

Honored Contributor

Have a wonderful weekend, good Shabbos to everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all.  Some of you know that I came from France as a teenager.  My mom grew up in the neighborhood where all the shooting happened.  She was a kid during the war and survived hidden.  She is sick to see the same thing all over again, things we thought as French Jews would never happen again.  I don't even know what to pray for any more.  Shalom seems very far off.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@evelyner wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to all.  Some of you know that I came from France as a teenager.  My mom grew up in the neighborhood where all the shooting happened.  She was a kid during the war and survived hidden.  She is sick to see the same thing all over again, things we thought as French Jews would never happen again.  I don't even know what to pray for any more.  Shalom seems very far off.

Evelyne, I'm so sorry your mom has to relive this horrific violence once again, if only in her mind. I don't know a solution to this madness except prayers to all those in harm's way, in France, Mali and everywhere else that terrorism rears its ugly hatred for those who don't believe in what they do. 

Never Again!

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos and Happy Thanksgiving!

Evelyne, I can understand.  I still have cousins in Paris and surrounding areas.  Thank G-d, they are all okay, but one of my cousin's brother-in-law lives near the theater.  He heard the gunshots and explosions and saw the police, aid workers and victims from his window.  So terrible!

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom Sunny and friends,

I pray that we can reteach our children. I didn't think this could happen in a sane world. 

We must not forget, and must work to avoid leaders that encourage hatred.

I am so glad we have this safe place to come.

Donna, you and your mother are, as always in my thoughts. I, too, thank you for all your wonderful goodies each week.

Petes grandma, Ihope your knee heals quickly, and that grandpa petes treatments are over soon, send him our regards.

I hope everyone has a lovely thanksgiving no matter how large or small. We will most likely just be three this year, but plan on giving thanks for the blessings what we have.

xoxo, hennypenny

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people who post on this thread.  I would like to wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

Prayers to all those that lost their lives in France and their families and friends.  It's a tough world out there so we should all count our blessings that we live in a country where we can breathe without constantly looking over our shoulders. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shabbat Shalom to those who observe. Sending prayers to those in Paris. Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Good Shabbos to everyone in here!  Prayers to our French compatriots.  Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!!Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney