Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to ALL 11-20-15

I am so looking forward to Thsnksgiving. My daughter and granddaughter will be coming up but this time my daughters' boyfriend will be joining them. So, my husband and I will really get to know him.

I have been hearing from my French friends. I mentioned Thérèse last week. She was also hidden away during WW2 and so the Paris terrorist attacks are particularly poignant to her. I also heard from my friends at the Château de Nieuil, my favorite place on earth in the French countryside. Google it to see its stunning beauty. The owners and staff at this magnificent château, originally a hunting lodge of King François I, are warm and friendly people who wrote me the most beautiful reply to my message of support to them. It brought me to tears. I know tourism is not the most important issue surrounding terrorist attacks but the French economy, still not strong after recession, will be terribly hurt. I am so sad for France and for my precious French friends who have welcomed me year after year to their magnificent country.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Good Shabbos and happy weekend.

Busy, busy in Jersey, but I could not let another evening go by without writing here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

I am not cooking this year.............the first time in YEARS!!  I'm going to enjoy the time off. lol

For all those traveling, like my son, I hope you have a safe journey.

A big thank you to the dog walker who is helping me on Thanksgiving. She will be taking good care of my Jersey while we are gone.

henny and Sunny thank you for your kindness. Heart

Sunny, I second your thoughts......may the madness end.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

Good morning Sunny!! Just stopping by to wish you a very Blessed Holiday Season. All is well at the Petes house. Grandpa Petes is still suffering through his treatments, but with his usual sense of humor and good nature. He's is truly an amazing man!! I'm recovering from knee surgery last week.....recovery is slower than I had hoped for, but I know the end result will be worth it. 

I sincerely thank you Sunny, for your wonderful posts every Friday. Your gracious words and encouragement are a source of inspiration for many. I hope the Blessings of this Holiday Season are bestowed many times over for you and your family. Thank you Sunny...take care!!

hugs to you!!

Grandma Petes

Dear Grandma Petes, I'm so sorry I didn't see your post until tonight. Thank you so much for letting us know how you and Grandpa Petes are doing. 

I pray that your knee heals fast, and you will soon be up and about. And for Grandpa Petes, I pray that his treatments will soon be over and will be successful. Please tell him that there are people here who really care. He sounds like a real gem!

Take good care of yourself, my friend, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for your beautiful posts. I pray for those of you who have friends and relatives in France, as I'm sure everyone here prays as well. 

May you all enjoy a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, with all the blessings you share with your loved ones. 

I am so grateful to be living in a country where we are free to be who we are. I'm so grateful for everything that G-d has bestowed upon us, and I pray for peace in the world. 

Love to all, 

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett