Trusted Contributor

Re: Please pray for a peaceful passing for my husband.

@KathyPet wrote:

As some of you know my husband has basically been hospitalized since Sept at UVA hospital in Charlottesville.  He was diagnosed with central brain lymphoma.  He got through 2 chemo rounds but then developed a bacterial infection in his lungs which antibiotics have failed to clear in 7 weeks.  Last night he developed difficulty breathing and now is on 100% oxygen and on morphine to keep him comfortable.  My daughter is on her way from about Two hours away.  His MD thinks we should stop his tube feeds and discontinue the antibiotics and just concentrate on keeping him comfortable.  No way to tell how long he can continue to breathe but he is on max oxygen.  I just want him to die peacefully and without pain.

Dear Kathy,

I shall pray for you, your hubby and dauther.  I lost my husband on 12/22/15 while the initial illness was not the same he ended up with a feeding tube, oxygen, morphine.  I can relate what you are going through.  I shall Pray to St. Jude that he goes without pain, Take care I am thinking of you,

Sincerely,

Jamma

Respected Contributor

Absolutely prayers for your husband..

BUT I am sending you cyber hugs and prayers... this has to be harder than anything on you...and try to take care of yourself the best you can right now..

take care and please keep us posted.

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet   Sending prayers for your husband, you & your family.  Glad your daughter will be there w/you soon.  

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

So sorry ... saying prayers for your husband and for you and your family ....

Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers your way KathyPet. I'm so sorry.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  Prayers for you and your husband.  

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet

i'm so sorry and am sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers are powerful and posting here will help your husband. You and your husband are in my prayers and thoughts. 

Trusted Contributor

My thoughts are with you and your family.  Tough times

Honored Contributor

Kathypet...there is nothing I can say to ease your sorrow but my heart is with you and your family.I will pray for a praceful passing.Please take care of yourself and stay with us when you need someone to talk to....we will be here for you.