Honored Contributor

A day or so ago, I was forced to take a new nickname for the boards.  No big deal, I just added a 2 to my nick but today....my "real" nickname is back.  

Respected Contributor

I guess I got the same message, but instead of putting in a new name, I just put in the one I've been using.  It worked just fine.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had the same problem the past couple of days hence the xx in Trix now.   

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree  Yay!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Super Contributor
I typed in my old name as well.
Esteemed Contributor

I just saw this post and had to respond.  The same thing happened to me and I followed instructions I got from dooBdoo and it worked, I got my name back.  Wow, I hate losing my identity.    Have a good weekend everyone.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

These are the instructions @Lindsays Grandma mentioned.   What some have noticed is that if you wait a while and try again the system will let you change back to your original nickname, so it's worth a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The problem is that in some cases, for some posters (we have no idea why) the system won't allow them to change back to the exact same nickname.   They get a message saying someone else already has that name...  so, if that happens, you'll have to try and change it to something close to your previous nickname and then come back later and try again.

1 -- Go into "My Account"

2 -- Choose  "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current nickname and a box to enter a new one.

4 -- Try entering the old nickname exactly as it was before (be sure not to change anything about it).  Or, enter another nickname you'd prefer to have.

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change, then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change should take effect.

(A name change won't take effect until you log out and then log back in).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I wanted to add this:  You also can email the Community moderators, be persistent, and see if they can help -- they've done so with a few accounts including their own.   These are 2 of the email addresses the moderators have posted:  QvcCommunity@qvc.com and QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.

hth!Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for posting the instructions on how to get rid of the "new nickname". I was able to change it back. That nickname thing was so aggravating.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

Thank you so much for posting the instructions on how to get rid of the "new nickname". I was able to change it back. That nickname thing was so aggravating.

You're welcome, @CatLoverDogsToo!  I'm glad you were successful!