Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Want To Go On Record As Saying That...

@Sooner wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@Sooner, I don't watch enough of QVC to know this, but do the hosts and/or guests quote the Bible or proselytize in any way when they sell religious items?

@SaRina  Apparently you missed last night's show about the bracelets made in Medjurgorje where Shawn went into 'higher power' and mentioned the apparations of the Virgin Mary in that area.  I ended up turning it off because it was an expression of faith; it was about faith and a higher power in one's life; and because Medjugorje is really a sore topic in the Catholic Church.

But if anybody mentions Medjugorje HERE it will be poofed.

So there you have it.

Oh I saw that show--at least some of it.  Now that's what I call "preaching."  And I think Shawn goes WAY over what is appropriate for QVC on air in her "sharing."  But that's just me.

@Sooner@She must sell a boatload of that stuff, and money trumps everything . I can't watch her.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Stardust2 wrote:

...How can God offend anyone?

hI @Stardust2

When you can answer this question, you'll be that much closer to understanding the battle between Good and evil.

@MacDUFF  I love your signature.  The sad truth is that NO one was fighting to get in the ark.  Only 8 people went in out of millions!  Kind of a picture of today, isn't it?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Lately there have been a number of posts from GJ and others that are specifically "soliciting" another forum which is not allowed.  

I've heard the term cakers mentioned and want to look that up out of curiosity.

Why would anyone feel threatened by another site being mentioned, she just wants to let friends of many years know where she can be located? Gloria said politely she holds no grudge....so why hold a grudge that she just wants those who have grown close to be able to find her. It is not as though she will be running all around the forums announcing this...just where she used to be located. No harm ...no foul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Contributor

It's getting to be a very scary world when you can't even say what you believe any more. I love QVC but I may need to seriously think about spending my money elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Lately there have been a number of posts from GJ and others that are specifically "soliciting" another forum which is not allowed.  

Why would anyone feel threatened by another site being mentioned, she just wants to let friends of many years know where she can be located? Gloria said politely she holds no grudge....so why hold a grudge that she just wants those who have grown close to be able to find her. It is not as though she will be running all around the forums announcing this...just where she used to be located. No harm ...no foul.

Who feels threatened?  Take it up with QVC, @croemer.  

Honored Contributor

biblegirl wrote:

It's getting to be a very scary world when you can't even say what you believe any more. I love QVC but I may need to seriously think about spending my money elsewhere.

Oh goodness!  Most places have rules.  It's like being on somebody's private property.  Play by their rules or play somewhere else.  It's not like there aren't a billion other places online for different types of conversation.  Or, a person can start their own board.

She has always been gracious and, granted, has been trying to bend the rules anyway, but it would be nice to see others as gracious as she.  This isn't my thing either, but they've had these rules here for ages and only recently have they actually started enforcing them.  No harm, no foul.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo. Thank you for saying that so eloquently! Those were exactly my thoughts but I could not have written them nearly as well as you! It was obvious to the reader that those words come from the heart! God bless you, and all who, like GloriaJean think the world will be a better place when kindness becomes common place!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Stardust2 wrote:

...How can God offend anyone?

hI @Stardust2

When you can answer this question, you'll be that much closer to understanding the battle between Good and evil.

@MacDUFF  I love your signature.  The sad truth is that NO one was fighting to get in the ark.  Only 8 people went in out of millions!  Kind of a picture of today, isn't it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is why religious content is not allowed.

Using a biblical reference to scold is offensive.  This one also manages to slip in some political content too.

SMH.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Who feels threatened?  Take it up with QVC, @croemer.

@tansy, I believe you were trying to draw attention to the moderators that Gloria mentioned another site where her friends could locate her and there is no harm in that. If she disappeared without her friends being able to find her... after many years of enjoying their time together it would be very upsetting for them. She was not creating trouble just making sure she did not disapear with no way to communicate with her since we have have no private messaging capabilities. Why not allow her that much so they will not be wondering what happened to their friend. I do not think that is too much to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand that religion can be a very personal belief. That said, I am completely disgusted that anyone could be offended by words they were not mandated to read and were not trying to change anyone's view on religion and which were not attempting to recruit members. I am a practicing Christian but I would never be offended by words from other religions that were only meant to bring joy and comfort to those who chose to read the post.  In other words, if one finds that type of thing offensive, simply click out of it and don't ever read it again! It is no wonder the world is in such a mess if people on a simple community chat board can be so offended by kindness that it must be shut down! It's a pity, a real shame! I find it hard to believe this is QVC's view as they have Christmas decorations up practically year round, even "celebrating more days of Christmas than the traditional song does! Come on, people, is there no compassion left in this mean world?

Never underestimate the power of kindness.