Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Want To Go On Record As Saying That...

No, @croemer, I was pointing out to posters that "soliciting" for that other site is not allowed here, as you know, and that doing that repeatedly could be why some of GJ's threads are being poofed.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@croemer wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@croemer wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Lately there have been a number of posts from GJ and others that are specifically "soliciting" another forum which is not allowed.  

I've heard the term cakers mentioned and want to look that up out of curiosity.

Why would anyone feel threatened by another site being mentioned, she just wants to let friends of many years know where she can be located? Gloria said politely she holds no grudge....so why hold a grudge that she just wants those who have grown close to be able to find her. It is not as though she will be running all around the forums announcing this...just where she used to be located. No harm ...no foul.

Who feels threatened?  Take it up with QVC, @croemer.

@tansy, I believe you were trying to draw attention to the moderators that Gloria mentioned another site where her friends could locate her and there is no harm in that. If she disappeared without her friends being able to find her... after many years of enjoying their time together it would be very upsetting for them. She was not creating trouble just making sure she did not disapear with no way to communicate with her since we have have no private messaging capabilities. Why not allow her that much so they will not be wondering what happened to their friend. I do not think that is too much to ask.

With all due respect (seriously) sounds like you're saying the standards & guidelines don't matter for certain posters if they have an excuse. Which sounds like what the whole problem with the threads was in the first place......... certain posters thinking they could   bypass standards. What if all of us do that?

Honored Contributor

Because a select few found her threads to be offensive in some way...when she was a positive force and meant no harm. Since she did not want to upset those posters she politely decided to move on and what harm is there in letting her friends know where they can find her and that she is OK. If anyone takes offense to that...then I find that heartless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Because a select few found her threads to be offensive in some way...when she was a positive force and meant no harm. Since she did not want to upset those posters she politely decided to move on and what harm is there in letting her friends know where they can find her and that she is OK. If anyone takes offense to that...then I find that heartless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are scolding the wrong people.

QVC's standards prohibit soliciting other sites.

It would be best if you took your complaint to them.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@croemer wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are scolding the wrong people.

QVC's standards prohibit soliciting other sites.

It would be best if you took your complaint to them.

Also prohibit re-posting things previously deleted by the Mods.

Respected Contributor

@AuberriJean. I may be confused as I am fairly new here. My understanding is that GloriaJean posted her thread for around nine years. During this time, there was no attempt to stop her? I'm sure there were those who were offended, as there will always be any time some one writes anything and posts it. I am a strong believer in keeping rules, rules, but I also believe there are exceptions to every rule. If she had been allowed to make these posts for about nine years it would seem to me that a clear precedent had been set and there should really be no issue. Period.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imadickens wrote:

@AuberriJean. I may be confused as I am fairly new here. My understanding is that GloriaJean posted her thread for around nine years. During this time, there was no attempt to stop her? I'm sure there were those who were offended, as there will always be any time some one writes anything and posts it. I am a strong believer in keeping rules, rules, but I also believe there are exceptions to every rule. If she had been allowed to make these posts for about nine years it would seem to me that a clear precedent had been set and there should really be no issue. Period.

It's not our call. Period. 🙂

(For the record I didn't report or have a problem with her threads.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

So, the rules shouldn't apply to her simply because she was allowed to get away with it for so long?

Just because they allowed it then, does not mean that they will always continue to allow it.

QVC has the right to change, admend or add rules at amy time, for any reason.

We, as posters don't get to pick and choose which rules we want to follow.

Also, the rules apply to ALL of us, not just some of us.

Respected Contributor

So is the Shabbat Shalom thread no longer allowed either?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imadickens wrote:

----------

Gloria posted occasionally in Viewpoints. At about the same time the Shabbat thread and Gloria's were moved to Among Friends. One thread has salutations of friendship and specific denominational/religious greetings. Gloria's thread had scriptures which she was told no longer are appropriate content. She made an effort to no longer quote scripture and inadvertently forgot to credit one of her threads. After that, her threads were mostly closed or deleted.

The other thread remains open continuing to include religious salutations. Thankfully, at least one uplifting thread has been allowed to stand without censorship.