Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest (April 2024)

@Desert Lily wrote:

I used my new weed wacker on all my curb grass today. It worked great. The battery seemed to lose its charge just as I finished; I live on a round corner & have kind of a large lot. I wanted to weed wack the grass against the back of the house, but couldn't get the weed wacker on again - so I charged the battery & watered new plants instead.

Tomorrow, I'll frame the new dwarf hydrangea shrub plants with rocks so the lawn guy doesn't mow them.

I don't really understand how the auto-line feed feature works. Directions said to let go of the trigger for 2 seconds & then press until there was enough line. I couldn't make it work. I ended up pulling more line manually even after looking online.

Does anybody know how that auto-line feed works on a weed wacker?

@Desert Lily 

I've never had one that had directions like that, although both mine are pretty old now so it might be a new thing.

As for the auto-feed ours always either advanced automatically or if the line got too short to work, you tapped the unit on the ground a couple of times which would advance the cord a couple of inches each time it touched the ground.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

super sunny and finally some warmth.

dh just got notice his surg has been reset to 28 may. hope this one is a go.

lawn was cut by new guy.he did a great job.

not much else.later guys

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I weed wacked behind the house today. The weed wacker came with 2 18V batteries, so today I made sure both were charged. I was able to work on the area behind the house, went over the curb grass a little, & went around the little shrubs I planted. I can get higher AH sizes in the 18Volt battery that last longer, but the higher the AH the more the battery weighs. I'd rather swap an extra battery while I work than have a heavier yard tool.

The 1"-2" pebble stones arrived today - a day early. There are 12 boxes with a bag of stones in each sitting in my driveway. Each bag weighs 40 lbs., & the delivery guys used a hand cart. I plan on cutting the boxes down so the lawn guy will haul them all away. I'll be outside with him Thursday to be sure they go in the right spots.

My new hose arrived today along with my new battery leaf blower. (if I weed wack, I have to clean up)

I'm in disbelief that I'm doing all this landscaping & work on it. I went to bed early last night & can't wait to go to bed to relax & watch TV tonight. I wish there was someone here to tell me to snap out of it when I get these big ideas Lol.

Honored Contributor

@viva923  I updated my wall calendar with DH's new surgery date.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  That's the story of my life Woman Very Happy  I get these ideas, get the supplies and then feel obligated to at least give it a try.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily @Bird mama, you all are singing my song now, lol. I wore myself out so much yesterday that I was not only so sore I could hardly move, but almost physically ill today. I did nothing today. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

ᐅTop143+ Good Morning Wednesday Images, Pictures, Photos.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

very busy day for me.

began super cloudy but turned into a brilliant sunshine warm day

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

LOVE YOUR SMILE on X: "@bouguetcute 🍊 🍊 🍊 🍊 🍊 🍊 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊 🍊  Hope you have 🍊 🍊 a beautiful day 🍊 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊 🍊 🍊🍊 🍊🍊🍊  🍊🍊🍊🍊 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊 https://t.co/bHcBIgnKym" / X

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

suppose to have been sunny today

it is downright cold again. down to 50,with a cold nor'east wind blowing

got hair cut this morn.

not much else. later guys.