Esteemed Contributor

Re: Annabellethecat Are You ok?

@Annabellethecat66  Truthfully, that is one of my biggest fears!  losing teeth. I know it can happen with the best of dental care.   I hope your dentist can do an implant. 

I wonder what Romeo thought.  He probably didn't see your tooth fall out, just that you took off running from him.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey He probably just thought I was crazy (he'd be right).  Actually it broke off.  The dentist got me in early the next morning.  He's been taking care of my teeth since they went to (well you know).

Cavities all because I have DRY MOUTH from medicine I take.  That is the only reason.  It's terrible.  I never had any cavities when my husband was alive.  I had my teeth cleaned every 6 months, good teeth.  Then the medicine was added and If you read all of them they all say, can cause dry mouth.

Dry mouth will rot your teeth.  You'd never know all he's had to do to my mouth to make my teeth look normal.  It has cost a fortune, but worth it.  All because of dry mouth!  Crazy!

That was such a funny pick up line..."You must be chewing Juicy Fruit".  Ha!  He was so gross!  It WAS good for my ego for one short second (til I lost the tooth). Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66OH MY GOSH!!!!!  You about choked me!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Funny story Annabelle!

I'm afraid to ask what meds can give you dry mouth.  I fear dry mouth and dry eyes.  I just started to hear about them both recently.  Never before.

Do you know what gives you dry mouth?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm Many of the medicines we take will/can give you dry mouth.  Read the printed label you get with your medicine, many of them say, "can cause dry mouth" (and it usually does).  If you take more than one medicine it doubles, etc.  I don't take much medicine and I never realized it would be a problem, until I went to the dentist after (for the first time skipping a 6  month check up and having added new medicine).

You can google any medicines and find out all about them.  You can go to the manufacturers website too.  It will at length describe the medicine.

I also take medicine to increase the salava.  It helps but not enough.  It's not the same as being thirsty for diabetes, it's actually dry mouth.  No matter how much you drink, it doesn't affect it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Annabelle--I take one med for my thyroid and read the paperwork every so often just to see if anything has changed in warnings.

Slightly O/T, but I watch (old OLD) game shows in the a.m.  Every a.m.  (Matchgame, Card Sharks, and Press Your Luck). 

On Card Sharks (Bob Eubanks) when they go to play the *Big Money Cards* the contestants quite often have dry mouths.  I guess from the nervousness of possibly winning up to $32,000 (in the 1980's). 

It's so funny to watch them trying to lick their lips and their tongues are like linen.  And sometimes their lips get stuck up their front teeth.  It's hysterical.

You're story was funny.  I've had crazy things happen to me like that, too.  Once I'm driving my sister's Corvette and was cruising around town.  And I'm sitting at a red light and two guys are next to me.  And over the very loud motor I hear a guy say "Something's in your hair".  Sure enough there's this long peice of hay or wheat or something.  So much for looking 'hot'.  Woman Very Happy 

Trusted Contributor

Your story cracked me up Annabellethecat!!!  Thanks for the laugh. You sound like the kind of person I would love to hang out with!!  Smiley Very Happy