Contributor

Any suggestions on a Pure Grace fragrance relpacement?

Hi all,

I use to live for Pure Grace fragrance ( I won't bore everyone with the zillion comments made about the poor quality of it now, and since new owners aren't going to change it back) I'm looking for a new replacement that smells and stays like my old favorite. Has anyone had any luck with finding something? Thank you in advance to any and all reply's to help me with this.

Regular Contributor

Re: Any suggestions on a Pure Grace fragrance relpacement?

I always used Amazing Grace, or Pure Grace, can't remember, but realized it just didn't have the staying power so every time I went to the mall I would spray a fragrance on and see how I liked it. I hated most of them and would have to rinse it off in a restroom, until I tried Angel. I have been using it for years and love the soft scent it leaves behind. Funny when I first spray it on I hate it, but after a couple of minutes it changes. There are so many to choose from and what smells nice on someone else, might not smell the same on you. Have fun in your search.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried any of the fragrances by Clean? I think their fragrance called Ultimate is the one that's closest to the scent of Pure Grace, but it's been awhile since I've actually smelled it.

Another fragrance of theirs is the original scent (which I think is just labeled as Clean), but something is telling me that Ultimate is the one that's closer to Pure Grace. If you have a Sephora or Ulta nearby, you can see if they have the testers. HTH

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

Gendarme Carriere is supposed to be similar to Pure Grace. I have never tried it.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Bobbi Brown Beach. It's similar and has great staying power for a 55 year old.
Contributor

Funny, I am a nurse, and recently have received several very favorable comments and compliments (from patients and other staff members) on my Pure Grace fragrance. I cannot stand most other fragrances.
Contributor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Will be trying them out and will let you know. qhound I'm glad that your Pure Grace fragrance works for you. I would stay with it if I still had those kind of reactions to it, but sadly for me anyway, it hasn't. Tks again for all your suggestions.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 qhound said: Funny, I am a nurse, and recently have received several very favorable comments and compliments (from patients and other staff members) on my Pure Grace fragrance. I cannot stand most other fragrances.

I used to get compliments all the time, but then something definitely changed because it seems much weaker to me and no one ever compliments me on my fragrance when I wear it anymore. The staying power is also pretty much non-existent now, so sadly I am using up what I have and then I'm done. It used to be compliments all day long - by friends, co-workers, strangers in elevators, male, female, young, old. So clearly it smelled great and was lasting throughout the day. I recently did a "smell test" with co-workers, and we found that it wasn't lasting more than 30 minutes. (Philosophy CS told me that it's a light fragrance and not intended to last longer, which I think is ridiculous.) Anyway, I'm sad because I really did love it a lot.

I'm jealous that it's still working out so well for you! Enjoy!!

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Q2girl said: Bobbi Brown Beach. It's similar and has great staying power for a 55 year old.

I like Beach, but I don't think it smells like Pure Grace at all.

Just my opinion!

Kiss

Honored Contributor

There are two suggestions I have for you. I own both. Laura Mercier's almond coconut milk body butter and Pischatio (sp) body butter. The almond coconut milk is my favorite. Goes on a little sweet which I love but calms down to a very clean scent. I also own the fragrance spray. The Pischatio is a nutty scent but calms down to a clean scent.

kindness is strength