Super Contributor

Bathroom window/ shower curtains

For those of you who have bathroom windows what do you do for window and shower curtains, match or coordinate? It seems it is almost impossible to find matching curtains / topper anymore. I have two bathrooms with windows and each time I want to change colors it is a big deal finding something that will work I know a trend now is no any curtain but guess I am old school. I want a topper/ valance not a full curtain.
Honored Contributor

Re: Bathroom window/ shower curtains

Can you add a 'film' to the bottom portion of the window, that way you don't have to change the curtains when you change the shower curtain (as long as your window treatment is neutral)

My bath window is on the second floor and we have no one living behind us so I have a curtain that swags over the window and it is neutral so no need to change it out or worry about anyone seeing in. If you sew you could purchase a fabric that coordinates with your shower curtain or if you want matchy, matchy, purchase two shower curtains and make a window covering out of the 2nd curtain.

Regular Contributor

I have a large window in my bathroom,so I use matching shower curtains-one for the window, one for the shower. I need to cover the window fully so this works for me.

Super Contributor

Well I don't sew or at least not very good. I will try and find a topper to go with shower curtain.
Honored Contributor

I have never lived in a home with a bathroom window. I always thought it would be nice to have natural light and fresh air in the BR. If i did have a BR window I think I would put something like shutters on it - one time expense and it is done forever and always matches.

Honored Contributor

I have wooden blinds on the bathroom windows.

Esteemed Contributor

Wooden blinds or shutters will go with everything.

Honored Contributor

We have windows in all of our bathrooms. I don't use any curtains....anywhere in our house actually. We use 2 inch wood blinds.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I have a neutral cellular shade.

Honored Contributor

You could buy a second curtain and trim it to fit if it is vinyl; easy fix. If it is a fabric curtain and was expensive you could get a neutral -colored shower curtain liner and use that.