Frequent Contributor

Re: Bathroom window/ shower curtains

I just went through the exact same problem after a complete remodel. I went with 2 inch wood, no hole blinds (ground level window). Then I wanted a topper. It is a full size window. I went to every brick & mortar store I could find, I found nothing I liked. Believe it or not, Amazon.com had such a selection. It took an hour to go through them. I ended up with a very pretty topper that had all the colors I needed. Plus on Amazon they have an excellent zoom feature so you can see the fabric perfectly!

I used to have a shower curtain that matched and it was very difficult to find one. I usually go to "bing", enter what I want and go to the "pictures of" site. If I see what I want then I click on it and it gives me the web site. SO much easier than checking every site that is found in the search. HTH

Esteemed Contributor

I never use a traditional shower curtain. I have two bars (curtain rods) in my shower. On the outer bar I use a standard curtain panel (or two). On the inner bar, I place a clear shower liner. The liners only cost about $2.00 and I throw them away when they begin to look soiled and replace with a new one. The best part of doing this is that there is a lot more variety to select from for the curtain. I do not choose to match the shower curtain w/ the window covering. Too matchy-matchy.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I make a curtain for my bathroom window using a coordinating bath towel; turn the top down and make a pocket for the rod to slip thru, and I'm done.
Contributor

Hi. Have you ever checked Blair.com or Brylane.com?

Regular Contributor

I painted my bathroom upstairs purple....shabby chic and change out a lot in my home from spring to fall ,...lighter in spring ...I love changing the shower curtain I also get the liners from Amazon guaranteed not to mold and they don't. I bought a ruffled curtain from Layla grace kind of expensive but I love it in purple and got one not from her but Amazon in white much cheaper. I get my curtains from Target shabby's summer is white tie backs and winter I use a floral long tie backs really a cute cozy bathroom

http://www.laylagrayce.com/Products/Ruffled-Shower-Curtain__IR07113.aspx

Occasional Contributor

I agree with twopeas. I never use shower curtains, but, rather regular curtains and drapes that have the coordinating valences to match. My big problem is that there is a window in the shower. I have not figured out how to attractively cover it. Regular curtain and drapes would get wet. I have a colored vinyl shade at the window, but it is not attractive. I wish I could figure out how to decorate around this dilemma!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/26/2014 gemstones said:

I agree with twopeas. I never use shower curtains, but, rather regular curtains and drapes that have the coordinating valences to match. My big problem is that there is a window in the shower. I have not figured out how to attractively cover it. Regular curtain and drapes would get wet. I have a colored vinyl shade at the window, but it is not attractive. I wish I could figure out how to decorate around this dilemma!!

My daughter has a window in her shower, too, and was conflicted as to what to do. When at our house, she noticed I had put a "clinging" waterproof paper on one of our kitchen windows that faces the street. I'm sorry that I cannot recall what they call it. Anyway, they went to Home Depot and bought a design for their shower window and it's still there after 10 years. She used a floral design. These are sheets of paper/plastic material purchased at a home improvement store and you spritz water on the glass and then place the sheet on the glass, using a credit card or something similar to get the bubbles out. There were several designs as I recall and a roll was (then) about $20.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

MY BATHROOM WINDOWS ARE HUGE, SO WHEN WE MOVED IN, I ORDERED NEUTRAL CREAM ROMAN SHADES FROM HOME DEPOT OR LOEWS. SINCE THEY FIT INSIDE THE WINDOW FRAME, IT WOULD BE EASY TO ADD VALENCES OR SIDE PANELS, LATER. ANY SHOWER CURTAIN WOULD COORDINATE, THEY SORT OF DISAPPEAR, BECAUST THE TILE, TUB AND COUNTER ARE ALL THE SAME COLOR.

Trusted Contributor

Before I remodeled my bathroom, I would buy a solid color valance from Walmart. $10 bucks. Now that I have tile all the way to the ceiling, I prefer no valance. Thought I wouldn't be able to go without one, but just took some getting used to.

For my son's bathroom, there is no shower in there so I went to the fabric store and bought the print of my choice and had the tailor make curtains.

Regular Contributor

I used glass paint to cover my bathroom and front door window. It looks like stained glass and I receive tons of compliments from visitors. I created a design (can use patterns from the store) then use the leading strips to outline my design on the window and glass paint to fill in the design. Kits and individual items can be purchased. It is easy to do, water proof, and the design can be removed easily when or if you want to change it.