Super Contributor

Since so many people on the Electronics board now have an iPad, I thought it would be fun for us to share the neat things we've discovered while using our 'toys' Smile

In a previous thread someone mentioned that they had problems typing on the iPad. I do too, but find that I have to sometimes when I'm away from my Bluetooth keyboard. Did you know that you can split the keyboard so you can use your thumbs to type?

Now, lots of people aren't thumb texters, but some of us are. If you are standing or holding the iPad in both hands and need to type, it's easier to to it with your thumbs.

There's a couple of ways to get the keyboard to split:

1. tap and hold the keyboard icon (that's the 'key' in the lower right of the keyboard) until a pop up menu comes up allowing you to select the split keyboard.

2. press the keyboard icon and move it up the screen

You can also use that pop up menu to undock the keyboard and move it up the screen

Contributor

Thanks for this thread Cha1k and everyone participating. I was beginning to think I had a very expensive item to use only to play Candy Crush! LOL

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.....Corrie ten Boom
Respected Contributor

LOL, love Candy Crush!!!!

Valued Contributor
Just found this thread. Have had my iPad for almost a year and I certainly have learned a few new things tonight! Thank you to all who have posted your great tips and tricks.
Trusted Contributor

I have so much to learn. Believe it or not, none of my friends have an Ipad so I come here to learn and I have an Ipad Book for Dummies....

Thanks for posting this.

Honored Contributor
I've had my iPad about two years and learn something new about it almost every day. I'd like to recommend a free app called "apps gone free". Every day they sent you a list of apps for iPad and iPhone which are normally not free but for one day, they cost nothing. I've picked up some good ones.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the great tips. I'm posting so I can find this again!

Occasional Contributor
Very helpful. Please keep this thread going. I'm learning quite a bit. Thanks!!
Esteemed Contributor
I found an app to correct my upside down video. (I previously posted that I had the screen lock button on, but didn't know it and ended up recording videos upside down). RotateNFlip is a simple app to correct this. After you download it, it will access the videos in your camera roll. Select the video and touch the up/down arrows and your video will flip. The left/right arrows will allow you to flip to a mirror image.
Honored Contributor

BUMP