Esteemed Contributor

A free app that I'm using a lot these days is Instaframe. You can take several photos from your camera roll and merge them into a collage. I've done this with up to six photos. You can also type text over the photo. Very simple and a must have for those who use the iPad camera. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Another favorite free app is Perfect Video. You can take your video and add text or music. The app's free as long as your final video is under 30 seconds. You have to pay to upgrade for longer videos. If you have some short video clips, you should give this a try! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

This is the best thread ever!

Honored Contributor

While this is a wonderful thread and much of the information still is accurate, some of it has changed with iOS 7 and no longer applies.

Cha1k started a newer thread which might be useful, too:

iPad/iPhone Tips and Tricks - iOS 7

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
On 1/23/2014 dooBdoo said:

While this is a wonderful thread and much of the information still is accurate, some of it has changed with iOS 7 and no longer applies.

Cha1k started a newer thread which might be useful, too:

iPad/iPhone Tips and Tricks - iOS 7

Smile

I agree. It could be called iPad Tips and Tricks part 2.

Trusted Contributor

How do I get my Ipad to read horizontal not just vertical. It use to change automatically when I turned it but now it just goes to vertical.

Respected Contributor

Get into settings, general, lock rotation and have it checked. On the side of the iPad where the volume control is located, there is a switch you can change the orientation to fixed or rotate. Change the switch so there is no red dot showing and it will rotate from horizontal to vertical and back again.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/1/2014 glb613 said:

Get into settings, general, lock rotation and have it checked. On the side of the iPad where the volume control is located, there is a switch you can change the orientation to fixed or rotate. Change the switch so there is no red dot showing and it will rotate from horizontal to vertical and back again.

Thank you! I did itSmiley Happy
Occasional Contributor
Why is it that I cannot type paragraphs within my posts? When I do the typing the paragraphs work but when I submit my post it all comes out as one paragraph. Someone help, please.
Super Contributor
On 9/5/2013 sidsmom said:

If you're like me, I spend ALOT of time in my iPad....even if my Mac is in the same room, I'll type on my iPad. Of course we all know QVC gives us "little print" with no option for bold, underline, italics & paragraphs. I'VE FOUND A WAY! Granted there's a little work on the front end, but it's an option.

If you "quote" a poster, you'll see all the CODE that's embedded...and that's what you'll use. For illustration purposes only, I'll add a "$" so you can see the code without iPad inverting it to Code. REMOVE the $ to have it work, okay? There are 2 codes for each action...one to start & another to end.

Paragraph, start = <$p>

Paragraph, end = <$/p>

Bold, start = <$strong>

Bold, end = <$/strong>

Underline, start = <$span style="text-decoration: underline;">

Underline, end = <$/span>

Italics, start = <$em>

Italics, end = <$/em>

I've even created a shortcut by going to Settings - General - Keyboard & created a shortcut for each action. I've started the same topic on a separate thread so you can practice.

BTW, I've typed all this out on my iPad!

Ducchey, I hope this helps you!