Respected Contributor

Tea Drinkers, How Do You Take Your Tea?

Do you drink it black? I'm not referring to Chai, which is supposed to be a "milky" tea, but black tea. That's supposed to be the way to drink it to obtain its health benefits, but I can't.

I've drunk tea since I was a child, black tea with a little milk. As an adult, though, I've found I have to add just a little sweetener. I guess I really don't care about the health benefits, I just want to enjoy my tea!

How about you?

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tea Drinkers, How Do You Take Your Tea?

Nekkid! Just tea. Nothing but tea and hot water - not boiling, of course, but hot water.

Same deal for iced tea - just tea and water.

Respected Contributor

I'm a fairly new tea drinker. For my entire life, I never drank tea or coffee, but because of its health benefits, I've been drinking green tea and experimenting with a few other varieties. I drink it plain, with no milk or sweeteners.

I'm really beginning to enjoy it. I especially love the flavored teas. I found an organic peppermint tea that I just love and just placed an order with Republic of Tea for their vanilla-flavored dandelion tea. It's wonderful, and caffeine-free.

Because of my recent interest in tea, I've also expanded my collection of pretty teacups. I'm having fun finding them in consignment shops and on ebay. If you drink tea, you might as well do it in style! LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I rarely add milk or sweetners, but sometimes I do for a few black teas. I always drink my iced tea without sweetener, but sometimes I like flavored ice teas, like mango or passionfruit.

I live in Texas, where the popular drink is Sweet Tea - iced tea with so much sugar that it's more like tea-flavored Kool-Aid. I think it's terrible. I was once in a restaurant where they mislabeled the Sweet Tea versus the unsweetened tea and a woman filled her cup with unwanted Sweet Tea. She took a sip, made a gagging sound, and asked if someone was trying to poison her. I do not think her response was out of line.

Honored Contributor

Half a packet of artificial sweetener and a small slice of lemon!!

Trusted Contributor

Love black tea. I just can't get on the green tea bandwagon...not sure why. And I've always added a little sweetener to my black tea. I'll drink it plain, but I prefer it with the sweetener.

I've tried the various flavors, and although good I always go back to vanilla black tea (Bigelow's). However, those strong malty teas are pretty tasty (Yorkshire Gold).

Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2014 kjohnson said:

Love black tea. I just can't get on the green tea bandwagon...not sure why. And I've always added a little sweetener to my black tea. I'll drink it plain, but I prefer it with the sweetener.

I've tried the various flavors, and although good I always go back to vanilla black tea (Bigelow's). However, those strong malty teas are pretty tasty (Yorkshire Gold).

I know what you mean about green tea. Most of them have a "grassy" taste to me. The only one I like is Tazo's Zen green tea. It has lemongrass, and I do drink that one without milk or sweetener. Black tea is still my favorite.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2014 chickenbutt said:

Nekkid! Just tea. Nothing but tea and hot water - not boiling, of course, but hot water.

Same deal for iced tea - just tea and water.

me too

(and the tea is not the only thing nekkid {#emotions_dlg.scared})

Super Contributor

Just tea and hot water, and drink it while it's steaming. Smiley Surprised)

Respected Contributor

LOL, okay. It looks like Queen Elizabeth and I are the only ones who add a little milk to our tea.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}