Respected Contributor

Do you use Hydroshield first or on top of serums?

I used it for years on top of my serums but then thought they said to use it first on clean skin. I am so confused.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use Hydroshield first or on top of serums?

I haven't used this product and don't know it's consistency, but my understanding is that the rule of thumb is to apply your products from thinnest to thickest.

Frequent Contributor

hydroshield is a serum and goes on first, moisturizer on top of serum.

Super Contributor

Pretty sure serums are supposed to go on first...they are water based, and I think the moisturizers would block their absorption...don't the jars have instructions or inserts?
Frequent Contributor

From what I've gathered from reading other posts the hydroshield goes on after all your other serums. You let it dry so it has a matte appearance and then you apply your creams.

Respected Contributor

I use Hydroshield twice a day. I'm not big on following the "rules" so I use it last, as that works best for me. It's thick, and I can't see my PTR PM Retinol (it's like water) soaking through it.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

OK, so I'll use serums, Hydroshield and then my moisturizer. Got it -- thanks.
Super Contributor

It is much thicker than any serum I have ever used. I use it over a serum and rarely add anything else over the hydroshield. It is very rich and I only use it at night.