Contributor

just got the Honey and Cream tonight in the mail... put on the lotion and do not like it.  Sending it right back.. disappointed ...

Honored Contributor

@SADIE I know it's hard to describe but what does it smell like?  What don't you like about it.

I would have bit on the Lemon Custard but there is no way I want that humongous size.  I don't even like 32oz let alone double that.  It would take me years to use that up.

Have you tried all the components and dislike all of them? 

I ask because I detest the Fresh Cream 3-in-1.  I think it smells sour or like curdled milk.  But I tried the lotion and the spray fragrance and loved them.  They smell nothing like the shower gel IMO.

Honored Contributor

I received the Honey and Cream TSV yesterday. The 3 in 1 lathers beautifully, and is the color of honey, with a light honey and cream scent. The body creme has a wonderful light feel with the scent of honey and cream and is pure white. The spritz is the honey on the cake, and completes the whole layering of this nice scent. I like it a lot, it is light, and does remind me of the Fresh Cream which I also like a lot. I put the pump in my 3 in 1 and transferred some to one of my very soft 6 ounce Philosophy bottles. I won't be keeping that 64 ounce in my shower. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: philosophy TSV preorder

[ Edited ]

I received the Honey and Cream yesterday.

Now, I do not like Fresh Cream 3 n 1, it just smells sour to me. I tried a FC lotion a long time ago, also sour for me. I never tried any other FC items.

That said, I was hesitant about the "cream" in the Honey and Cream, but I thought I would try it anyway, as I do love honey.

3 N 1 - I smell the honey, and really don't smell any cream. I think because this is a gelee formula rather than a cream the honey really comes through. It is a nice scent and lathers great.

Body souffles and spritz. I really like them. Again, I get more "honey" from these with a little bit of a creamy note but not that sour fresh cream smell. Honestly I am racking my brain to recall what these smell like as it is very familiar. I use Herbal Essences "Honey I'M Strong" conditioner on my hair and the scent is close, but not quite the same. It is going to make me crazy trying to figure out what I have/use that smells the same as these.

Overall this was a good purchase for me. The scent is not in my top 10, but I do like it. I will probably switch up for the next shipment as this reads "spring/summer" to me, so I may go with Lemon Custard or Vanilla Fig next time.

Cindy

Edited to add: It finally hit me....this is why I recalled the honey scent. I still have the little bottle of Pure Honey and the Tea Leaf. Smiley Very Happy

Image result for philosophy let's have a tea party

Valued Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

I would love to try the new Honey and Cream but the 64 oz size is way too big for just me.  Actually, so is the 32 oz size.  I perfer the original sizes but I realize many like the mega sizes and I hope you all enjoy your purchases!  

Normally I agree.  Even 32oz is big for me -- I much prefer 6oz or 8oz sizes.  However, I'm using a 6oz Fresh Cream right now and so enjoying it that I'm wondering if I should get the TSV?  Probably shouldn't because that is an insane amount of shower gel and not like there won't be other kits out there with a 16oz size but I'm still a bit tempted especially since it comes with the souffle.

Honey and Cream sounds good too but I still have plenty of Perlier Honey products and I wouldn't want to try out a scent with a 64oz size but will be interested to see the reviews on it.

I LOVE Perlier honey scents so I guess that is what I was expecting from this - but that probably wasn't a realistic expectation. Based on reviews I've seen it isn't anything like Perlier's honey scent which is a rich true yummie honey. I am pretty sure I would have been disappointed with Philosophy's version, especially if it were a light scent. So I had a waitlist order for honey on hold - but especially after seeing the negative reviews roll in i went back and had it changed to lemon custard. would have gotten fresh cream except it was already also on waitlist so they wouldn't let me pick that one. I'll try the honey and cream when it comes out in the 16oz version.