Trusted Contributor

Re: Today's Special Value

[ Edited ]

My Falling in Love set went from Preparing Your Order, to an email saying  Delivery of your order will be delayed, to now Backordered. I hope it comes but am now doubtful. Why does this happen? Do you think their inventory tracking isn't accurate? Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me - They did say that FIL sold out pretty early, but hopefully you'll get yours.  It will just take longer, since it's backordered.  (Should mean they're working on getting more inventory.)

Unfortunately, I ordered Living Grace, since I'd never tried it and it's already packed up to be shipped back tomorrow.

I gave it one last try today and the instant my DH smelled it he said "Eeeyyyeww.  It smells like a kitchen cleaner."

Not the reaction I was going for.  All I can smell with it is alcohol and chemicals.  (Some others have said the same in reviews.)

FIL has always been a favorite of mine and, if they had it available, I'd have exchanged for that.

Good luck!  Let us know if you get it and what you think.

Trusted Contributor

This is a great example of everyone's nose is different! I ordered the Living Grace and LOVE it! Smiley Happy It's first time trying it and to my nose, it's perfect combo of Amazing Grace with fresh greens of Pure Grace. It's a keeper for me. The TSV price was great for the combo of items! I also bought Amazing Grace too. On auto-delivery, I will switch to the other 2 scents. 

The salt scrub is great! I use a loofah with my shower gels and assumed that my skin was in pretty good condition with not too much build up but after using the scrub, I'm amazed at how soft my skin feels! It's not super rough grains of salt either so it was very pleasant to use with nice light fragrance. 

Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy - I really wonder from my experience and some others (see the reviews), whether there was just a dud batch of Living Grace.

After the initial chemical or alcohol smell went, there was just nothing, no matter how much I sprayed it.

I really love my other Philosophy sets, so I have to think there was something wrong with what I received.  I'm still undecided about continuing the A/D.  If I'm able to switch to FIL for the next one, I'll keep it.  I agree with you that it was great value for the set.

I really wanted to try the salt scrub, but couldn't keep the set just for that, especially as the EDP was the most expensive part of it.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I stopped buying Philosophy once they sold the company. Pure Grace now is not the Pure Grace from many years ago. If I see one more demonstration of sudsy water and a sponge.....🤨

Respected Contributor

Re: Today's Special Value

[ Edited ]

I wonder if anyone has looked at the philosophy-dot-com website and ordered products separately,  instead of buying huge bottles that are combined  with other unwanted products in a package deal.

I  just ordered two items from that site myself and spent only $64 with free shipping.  You can pick the size of each one that you need.

I wanted some of the Microdelivery facial wash for myself  and an 8-oz bottle of shower gel for a houseguest we expect in a few weeks, who can't transport her own products on an airplane trip.

Trusted Contributor

My Falling in Love tsv was canceled yesterday. I'm so disappointed! It wasn't even the full 45 days. It was in a backordered status. ☹️

Frequent Contributor
I am late to the game on this response but just getting back to the forums.

I ordered a set when we were all saying there is no scent to the new product. Well, I decided for the cost to return I would just use the lotion and EDT. I work in a chemical manufacturing plant and people knew I was there because they can smell me. Neither me or my husband think there is no smell or it disappears quickly but after several
Hours other people can still smell
It. And, I don’t use a lot