Respected Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

@amyb @Hi Amyb, hope you've been well! Wanted to let you know that Sea of Love is offered at a sale price today, with free s&h. It's $82 and includes the shower gel and lotion in 32 oz, and the eau de toilette in 4 oz.

https://www.qvc.com/philosophy-supersize-summer-fragrance-3pc-layering-set.product.A631713.html?sc=C...

I'm torn. This set is also available in Summer Grace, which I love as well, and also Pop of Sun.

have fun and enjoy if you purchase!

@Thats Me Hi! I saw that first thing this morning...and I'm torn tooooo! I loved Sea of Love (even though the fragrance didn't last on me long) but was so curious about Pop of Sun and Summer Grace too! So, so far, I bought none... Do you know, (or does anyone here?) what the others smell like?? The descriptions don't help as much as people telling us what they're like if they've had them...

I am also hesitating because not sure last time anyone ever smelled it on me!

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you @amyb , I didn't buy either! 

AND to compound the dilemma I see the set of Love & Grace in Falling in Love. It's the gel, lotion, and 16 oz spritz. $77 with free s&h. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sea of Love

[ Edited ]

@Thats Me wrote:

I'm with you @amyb , I didn't buy either! 

AND to compound the dilemma I see the set of Love & Grace in Falling in Love. It's the gel, lotion, and 16 oz spritz. $77 with free s&h. Sigh.

I didn't either. I watched the presentation again, and after that would have probably chosen SOL over the others. Pop of Sun she said was very citrusy, (though there was vanilla, which I like, in it), and I don't care for wearing citrus fragrances. Summer Grace sounded nice, though.

But overall...I'm kind of tired of loving Philosophy fragrances, and being disappointed when they just don't smell for more than a few minutes on anymore!! So sad, as they really cornered a market of delightfully light fragrances, no other perfumers have, and hit those in the market looking for a light fragrance, not perfumey. But, what good is it anymore, when the formula has been cheapened and those beautiful fragrances no longer last on you?!  It just made me not want to waste my money again on it. I also have that Purity set with eau de perfum I got for Christmas this year (also hardly smells) I'll use this spring/summer.

Last...their presentations for describing the scents is laughable...yes, they "list" the notes, but then they go on to describe all these dopey "scenarios" for the scents rather than really describing the scent! There's ways you can do that better than "It's like I'm sitting on a blanket, in St. Tropez, sipping one of those lovely umbrella drinks, and after that I've booked a massage.." 🙄. Actually, what they basically said in the video I watched.

Money saved. I can smell like nothing withOUT spending $90.