Super Contributor

Pumpkin Icing..input please?

Has anyone tried the Philosophy shower gel Pumpkin Icing..and can you tell me if it is a heavy pumpkin scent or more of a pumpkin vanilla scent?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Icing..input please?

@srgtdj Funny as I just went through my stash yesterday to pull out my fall scents. This is one of them.

Full disclosure, I have a different nose for scents. I cannot stand Fresh Cream and I don't have issues with the staying power of philosophy scents. That said Pumpkin Icing smells like a pumpkin roll/cake to me. i get a pumpkin and sweet cream cheese icing scent. The old Pumpkin pie shower gel was a stronger pumpkin.

Super Contributor

Thanks @FlyersGirl that helps a ton!   I wanted something more vanilla/cream cheese scented..so I think this is the right one for me to try.  

I promised myself I was done buying shower gels..and then the chai latte (love this one!)  and pumpkin spice came out...here I am ordering again!  UGH.

Thanks for the help!

Trusted Contributor

@srgtdj I hope you love it. I really don't need more shower gel but the Caramel Drizzle is calling my name.
Super Contributor

I love autumn and all the wonderful scents Heart   

I still have Pumpkin Spice Muffin, Spiced Pumpkin Latte, and Pumpkin Icing, so I jumped on the Caramel Drizzle instead!   

@srgtdj  Did you ever get to try Pumpkin Spice Muffin?  Pumpkin Icing is close to it, but has more of a frosting note, versus a bakery/muffin note to it.  Both are very good!   I hope you enjoy Pumpkin Frosting if you get it!

My favorite pumpkin scent from Philosophy is Spiced Pumpkin Latte.  It was in this cute little 3pc set sold at the Sephora-in JC Penny locations ... the other two scents were Whipped Vanilla Topping and Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa.   They also sold it as a 16oz bottle, but they ran out quickly. 

OMG does anyone else miss all those fun Fall and Halloween themed sets??   Candy Corn (and Caramel Candy Corn), the Coffee Shop, Hot Chocolate and Apple themed sets.  I would love to see them again.

Trusted Contributor

@cal-gal 

I miss the Halloween and Fall sets and individual items. I would love them to bring back Autumn Air and Harvest Spice for fall along with the Candy Corns and Black Licorice and Caramel Apple and Red Candy Apple for Halloween.The Halloween/Fall sets were adorable. I loved the Bobbing for Apples set with Green Apple, Red Apple and Caramel Apple. All the scents were spot on.