Honored Contributor

Want to get some ,if they help with colds ,to have on hand, do any taste better than others?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I don't know much about the different tastes between brands, but they do work, so worth it, IMO.  I try to have some on hand always, too.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

Re: zinc lozenges

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest   I like Life Extension Enhanced Zinc Lozenges, 30 vegetarian lozenges for $9 on Amazon.  They have a much more pleasant taste than any I have previously tried.  I bought them earlier this year to have on hand during the pandemic, after reading a recommendation.  Developed a slightly sore throat one day, used one lozenge as directed and the sore throat was gone.

Honored Contributor

They work for us, won't be without a good stock of them. 

We use Zycam the orange flavor ones

Honored Contributor

I usually buy mine from PipingRock. They have echinacea and vitamin C. Tastes like berries, I like them. But they seem to sell out often so my second choice is made by Nature's Way...same taste and ingredients.

Esteemed Contributor

i just took one an hour ago - - sneezed ALL night.  Haven't had a cold in centuries = so perhaps allergies. Tree Leaves are flying everywhere.

This new box flavor:  tropical orange  (very tasty)

Old box was Natural Cherry (sweeter)

I buy at local drugstore

Trusted Contributor

lozenges never do anything for me. i finally gave up on them. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Want to get some ,if they help with colds ,to have on hand, do any taste better than others?

@goldensrbest 

Zinc lozenges are not all that effective unless taken in massive quantities.  Wild Cherry or Orange flavored seems to be tastiest.

Instead,  order powdered or liquid zinc online.  Add your own flavored syrup of your choice.  Or mix with your favorite alcohol.  Drink regularly to strengthen your immune system as a preventive measure to avoid colds and flu.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I disagree about zinc lozenges not being effective. Zinc is best taken as a lozenge or in syrup form so the zinc stays in contact with the mucous membranes longer rather than ingesting it into the stomach. When zinc is on the mucosa then that's where it inhibits the virus from replicating itself. That doesn't happen inside the gut. Colds and flu are respiratory infections where they get inside us through our nose, eyes and throat. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I disagree about zinc lozenges not be effective. Zinc is best taken as a lozenge or in syrup form so the zinc stays in contact with the mucous membranes longer rather than ingesting it into the stomach. When zinc is on the mucosa then that's where it inhibits the virus from replicating itself. That doesn't happen inside the gut. Colds and flu are respiratory infections where they get inside us through our nose, eyes and throat. 

@SilleeMee 

Have you ever heard that one can snort powdered Zinc through the mucus membranes in the nose?

Or place gelled Vaseline with zinc in the nose? 🤔