Honored Contributor

I got a MRI yesterday, they put a wedge pillow under my legs, it felt so good on my back, but i am a side sleeper, any recs on this kind of pillow?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: wedge pillows

[ Edited ]

I use a wedge pillow. I started using one to alleviate swelling in my legs caused by my medication. I also had lower back pain but that wasn't the primary reason for getting the wedge pillow but it turned out to be great for my lower back pain, too. Now I can't sleep w/o one. I'm also a side-sleeper mostly but the wedge doesn't seem to disrupt my sleep. At first it did but then I got used to it being there and now there's no problem sleeping. The key is to not get a wedge that is too high. The lower the better, especially if you turn to sleep on your side. 

I got my wedge pillow from Amazon but it's not there anymore. Heathex is the brand. It's a 6-inch high flat wedge, not contoured. Here's a pic of the shape:

Healthex Leg Elevation Pillow with Memory Foam Top - Elevated Leg Rest  Pillow for Circulation, Swelling, Kneef - Wedge Pillow for Legs, Sleeping,  ...

Respected Contributor

Are you wanting a recommendation for a wedge pillow to sleep on your back or for a pillow to use while sleeping on your side?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest.  Several month ago, I got this knee pillow for side sleepers.  What a relief it has been!  Now I can't sleep without it.  It cushions my sore right knee like a cloud and seems to help with my lower back pain.  I can easily flip over in bed with the pillow in place.

1000003816.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest - As a side sleeper, I highly recommend the Contour Legacy Leg Pillow which comes with a washable cover. They can be found, potentially, at your local grocery store, Kohl's, Amazon, etc..

I cannot sleep without one.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest,

I'm the same way and I always think how wonderful those wedge pillows feel during a procedure.

I go to bed reading on my back then go to side sleeping.

So I have a thick firm throw pillow that is also not hard to move around whereas a wedge pillow would be.

When on my back I use it like I would a wedge pillow and when on my side I just have it between my knees.

I also cover it with a pillow case because it is a velvet kind of material.

It's a good question! I'll be interested in what other ideas people have too!.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Thanks every one.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest , I bought a leather version of this years ago.  If you buy the fabric type, you might look for one with a removalable cover so you can wash it.  If not, consider using a towel over the wedge to keep it clean.

They do make your back feel great!

Honored Contributor

When I had severe lower back pain, I used a wedge pillow.  OMG. such relief.  I had been a side sleeper but I taught myself to sleep on my back.  It didn't take long and it was a small price to pay for pain relief.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest @chrystaltree 

I'm curious what type of wedge you liked. In your case golden what it was you liked at the MRI. The type pictured in the thread that basiclly elevates your feet or there are ones that are basiclly like triangles that go under your knees but your feet stay on the bed.