Trusted Contributor

Drink more water.  I have to drink at least 4 bottles of water per day or I have problems. I can tell when I don't  I fell kind of spinny.

Honored Contributor

I get it occasionally.  For me it usually presents when I turn over in bed and the world spins terribly.  Sudden movements of the head also causes it.  Usually, it's ear crystals and there's a maneuver you can learn to do to get them repositioned.  

I also get terrible dizziness about a half hour to 45 minutes after taking my Progeserone.  That means it's time to go to bed.  Absolutely not driving or operating any sort of machinery after that.

I have a friend who has Meinier's disease which also causes extreme vertigo and nausea.  She's on medication for it, but still gets "spells" on occasion.

Honored Contributor

I feel for you!  The first time I got this I thought I was having a sroke or losing my mind or something!  I got so sick and went to ER.  It is a terrible feeling.  They gave me some type of injection which helped enormously.  I get attacks of this occasionally but thankfully never as bad as the first.  Not everone is the same, but with me, I have never totally gotten over it.  I have to watch when I bend down and not put my head all the way down and I cannot sleep on my left side or everything starts spinning. I have had those Epleys down on me several times but I hate them as they make me so sick and they never really help me much.  There are also pills they can prescribe for this.  My best to you!  Also, yes, remember to drink a lot of water and cut back on salt.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Having bout of vertigo. First time. Just awful  Going to ENT monday for headturning maniputlaion.  Any other suggestions?  I know so many different degrees, causes, and helps...

I have it a couple times a year, was given Meclazine for it. I find nothing helps but to lie down Mine takes about a week to get over. I also had a test for it, didn't prove much of anything. It's nothing more serious than just a nusiance when you get it.I got papers on how to treat my self, with the eye rolling, also read iin it some people throw up with that exercise so passed on that. Just handle it the best you can, the Meclazine helps alot, and I don't think they have any other meds for it.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I feel for you!  The first time I got this I thought I was having a sroke or losing my mind or something!  I got so sick and went to ER.  It is a terrible feeling.  They gave me some type of injection which helped enormously.  I get attacks of this occasionally but thankfully never as bad as the first.  Not everone is the same, but with me, I have never totally gotten over it.  I have to watch when I bend down and not put my head all the way down and I cannot sleep on my left side or everything starts spinning. I have had those Epleys down on me several times but I hate them as they make me so sick and they never really help me much.  There are also pills they can prescribe for this.  My best to you!  Also, yes, remember to drink a lot of water and cut back on salt.  

I read your blog and am wondering if you have had your carotid checked. You sound like I did before I had mine opened, that was 7 years ago ,and last July ,it had filled and I had a stent put in. Neither expierience was a bad one. I'm not trying to alarm you, but your symtems sound so familiar. Dr's often fail to listen to your Carotids.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Having bout of vertigo. First time. Just awful  Going to ENT monday for headturning maniputlaion.  Any other suggestions?  I know so many different degrees, causes, and helps...

Sorry I can't offer any help, but recently I have heard about 3 or 4 people say they have this. Good luck to you visiting the ENT.

@Jordan2 

My brother just emailed me with ?? about vertigo.  He's going through that himself - he knows about my experience.  Could be any number of things ... I told him to check the side-effects of his meds.

Respected Contributor

my cousin had this and turned out to be the diabetic med she was taking. best of luck to you! it is not a good feeling at all.

Contributor

I also have crystals by my left ear and I am starting therapy on July 3rd. I get dizzy spells and pass out when I lay flat a on my back or sleep on my left side.  Has anyone gone on a airplane or a cruise?  If you have were you affected, did you get dizzy or pass out? I am supposed to get on a airplane and go on a cruise in a couple of weeks and I am wondering how I will be affected.

Honored Contributor

I used to get it occasionally and it was sinus related. Believe it or not, a tylenol sinus tablet worked wonders.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
I get Vertigo when the barometric pressure changes. I can tell when the weather is changing. My husband has Menieres which is a form of Vertigo. We got a lot of help from this website: Menieres-Disease.org My hubby takes Lipo Flavonoid, you can get it at most Drugstores and Walmart. His ENT and Hearing Doctor recommended it. We took a natural approach verses a medical approach when treating his Menieres. When traveling by air he was told to chew gum when taking off and landing. Also not to be sleeping when landing. He had no trouble flying.