Respected Contributor

Having bout of vertigo. First time. Just awful  Going to ENT monday for headturning maniputlaion.  Any other suggestions?  I know so many different degrees, causes, and helps...

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Having bout of vertigo. First time. Just awful  Going to ENT monday for headturning maniputlaion.  Any other suggestions?  I know so many different degrees, causes, and helps...

Sorry I can't offer any help, but recently I have heard about 3 or 4 people say they have this. Good luck to you visiting the ENT.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl So many possibilities. Ear infection; fluid in the ear; autoimmune attack on the nerves in the ear. My SIL had it so bad she would just fall down. It turned out to be an ear thing. She took meds and it went away. Best wishes for a good outcome!

Super Contributor
I have this occasionally and I have to sleep sitting up. Eat Altoids so I don't throw up. And don't try to read or do yoga!
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl 

A friend of mine has intermittent bouts of vertigo.   Sometimes Dramamine helps a lot,  other times, not  at all.   Go figure.

Super Contributor

Honeybuns, So sorry to hear you are going thru this.  I have had Vertigo since I was a child, (inherited from my Mother).

Please goggle Canalith Repositioning Procedure from the Mayo Clinic.  This WORKS. I have had it done by a nurse when first learned of this, then I could do it by myself.  If I am really spinning my sister comes over to assist. Hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

My sister was just hospitalized with this. She fell, and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance

The Dr told her she has crystals in her ear. The do some sort of manipulation with your head ,as a treatment

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl.  This is the exercise my doctor gave me to do for vertigo.  It worked.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Good luck, hoping for you a speedy recovery.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I truly feel for you.  Monday must feel like a long time away.  An ENT was unable to help me, but my neurologist suggested I see a vestibular therapist.  That's what I'm going to do, since I can't seem to master the Epley maneuver even after watching lots of YouTube videos on it.  I do find that meclazine can sometimes help (brand name for Dramamine, the OTC drug), if I take it before I'm in the full throes of an attack.  But check with your doctor first, before taking it.  Hang in there...