Esteemed Contributor

Is all you have to do to use these machines is plug it in?

Honored Contributor

Re: portable oxygen question

@MalteseMomma    If you're referring to the type you sling over your shoulder, they'd have batteries that have to be charged.  You need a prescription to get one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Is all you have to do to use these machines is plug it in?

I have a converter in the house if that's what you want to know. Yes, you just plug it into electric, I have a 25 ft. cord and I can go all around my house, and out on my front poech. In the basement I have 50 ft. and I plug my 25 ft into the 50 ft.and go all thru my basement and out to my mailbox. If your talking of a portable mine has a small tank that i put into a bag, that comes with it. I can carry it like a purse, or put it over my shoulder. if your talking of the Imogens, it has a battery, and I know nothing about them.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you.............

(yes,I do have a script)

Honored Contributor

The Inogens are called oxygen concentrators vs portable oxygen because they concentrate oxygn from the surrounding air.

Honored Contributor

they are extremely costly too and unlike the portable ones from the medical provider which work based on your breathing pattern the batteries don't last long.  We always carry 2 extra batteries for this reason.

I want the endogen currently working with his insurance for this model..

Why is it medical necessities as one ages are not covered like hearing aids,  portable oxygeninators to name a few.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

The Inogens are called oxygen concentrators vs portable oxygen because they concentrate oxygn from the surrounding air.

@Icegoddess   Same name for the big in-home units with the long tubing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment