Respected Contributor

I took the plunge and ordered the Echelon spin X3 bike about a month ago on sale and with free shipping from QVC.  I have taken spin classes before but discontinued my gym membership with Covid.  I really like it!  I have the app for both live and recorded classes.  I use it in addition to my treadmill, Total Gym and light weights.  Anyone else?

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 

Isn't spinning addictive?

I started about 10 years ago at my local gym and finally bought my own bike about 4 years ago.  

While I loved the live classes, they only had a hand full of instructors and I just got tired of the repetition of the same music/moves.  Not to mention the personal drama that was often brought into the classroom and discussed before and after class.  

So, I bought a Spinning (that's the brand) bike from an instructor who purchased it and never used it.

I use a variety of routines...some download and some from YouTube, but I hardly ever miss a day.

As a former runner, I just couldn't take the pounding anymore and this is really perfect!

Glad you like your new bike!

Honored Contributor

I have a peloton bike and it's fun to be able to jump on when I want, have the room as hot/cold as I like

Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 @I haven't done spin but am curious.  I may give it a try once COVID passes.  S

Regular Contributor

I've had mine (same model) for about a week, bought straight from Echelon.  I love it, but I'm finding I prefer Apple Fitness + cycling classes better right now.  One thing I am having an issue with is I bought clip-in shoes from Echelon and I although I have them fixed to the shoes properly, I can't get these shoes to clip in at all.  I am going to have to contact customer service because I've already tried loosening the tension on the spring and that doesn't work either.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Echelon Bike Riders?

[ Edited ]

@michmi 

While I cannot speak to your issues specifically, I can tell you that it took me a while adjust/learn to clip in and out of the spin bikes at the gym.

Several times, I had to take my foot OUT of the shoe to get off the bike.  And clipping in was always an ordeal. I could not seem to position my foot properly.

After some time, I finally got the hang of it.  You can tell when the clip is ready to seat properly when your foot is on the pedal.  Getting off, I had to move my foot to the right away from the bike pedal so the clip would release.

Yours may be a tension issue, but after riding at least 12 bikes over the course of my years in spin class, it was more about foot placement and movement clipping in and out.

Once you get used to it, you can really see the advantage to using spin shoes.

Regular Contributor

I gave up on the Echelon pedals and replaced them with Shimano ones and clipped in on first try.  I love the bike, it's so much better being clipped in.