Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of therapy? Not the kind that is in cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I know someone with severe RA and they are undergoing peptide therapy. 

Peptide therapy is very similar to hormone therapy in the way it is managed and in fact peptide therapy has it's origins in hormone therapy using natural peptide hormones which includes insulin and growth hormones.

Respected Contributor

There is an interesting treatment for bone loss that uses collegen peptides. You cannot post links here but it is callled Fortibone by Gelita. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Peptide therapy is very similar to hormone therapy in the way it is managed and in fact peptide therapy has it's origins in hormone therapy using natural peptide hormones which includes insulin and growth hormones.

From the sound of it, this does not sound like a good option for someone who has had breast cancer due to the hormone factor.  I know someone in their 50's who is using this type of therapy and swears by it.  Sounds great but maybe not for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

True, medical peptide therapy is different than a salesman touting magic, bio active, secret recipes.  For a special price no less.

I think a lot of the drugs are for diabetes, but come April I am going to have a hold beer moment for my bones.  Have four years on Reclast and it isn't working so maybe peptides here I come.

Honored Contributor

Re: peptide Therapy

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

From the sound of it, this does not sound like a good option for someone who has had breast cancer due to the hormone factor.  I know someone in their 50's who is using this type of therapy and swears by it.  Sounds great but maybe not for everyone.

@bargainsgirl 

The hormones used in therapy are specific for each condition treated. There are many hormones used in therapy, including peptide hormones. For instance, estrogen is not one of the hormones used to treat RA or diabetes. Instead there are different peptides /hormone peptides to treat those.

Peptides and hormone peptides have similar management but they are not the same drug.

Honored Contributor

Re: peptide Therapy

[ Edited ]

The NIH has this interesting publication about peptide therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8844085/

"Therapeutic peptides: current applications and future directions"