Honored Contributor

Anyone take msm powder for their joints?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

No....not yet. What is it as Ihave a horrible joint disease that has caused contractures and so much pain. Too late or would it help?

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

No....not yet. What is it as Ihave a horrible joint disease that has caused contractures and so much pain. Too late or would it help?

@Stormygirl,

I saw the word "contractures" in your post and immediately thought of scleroderma. I have this disease. There's a lot of inflammation in my joints. I take turmeric and it helps with the pain. Do you have scleroderma, may I ask?

Trusted Contributor

I have stage 3 Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Some of the same course of disease but then some differences as Scleroderma..Autoimmune factors. Yea both my legs are drawn up in a flexed position and I cant straighten them out. Is fixed so no PT will help. Alot of pain is the worst part of RSD so also have a "Morphine pump" in my spine. I am always looking for something natural to help with pain aaand inflammation due to wanting this pump out.

Honored Contributor

I took AL's MSM product for over a year and stopped, didn't see a big difference in my level of stiffness in my hand and fingers. I must say the Heberden's nodules on my fingers and toes have diminished though. Two of my other supplements have MSM in them, but not the high dosage I was taking before. I have been finding with supplements, less is more.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl,

Wow. Sounds like you have lots of pain! Mine is not as bad as yours sounds. My hands are severely contracted...they are permanent fists. My toes are a little contracted but not enough to keep me from walking. I don't take rx meds. I got off pain meds years ago. I just take turmeric for my inflammation and pain. It works for me. I hope you can eventually get off your pump. Good luck with your quest.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I took AL's MSM product for over a year and stopped, didn't see a big difference in my level of stiffness in my hand and fingers. I must say the Heberden's nodules on my fingers and toes have diminished though. Two of my other supplements have MSM in them, but not the high dosage I was taking before. I have been finding with supplements, less is more.

Are you saying the joint swelling diminished?  What do you contribute that to?  Do you have any fingers trying to go crooked at those joints?

Honored Contributor

My husband and the dog both take Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM (all in one capsule) and I think it helps them.

I don't, as I HATE taking vitamins so I take the least amount possible.   I do have a drink that my husband gets me at Costco that has these things in it and I think it's helped me some.  It's a little 8oz bottle and it's pomegranate/cranberry, so it's very tasty.  Also a nice break from drinking water.  Sometimes I get so tired of water!  Smiley Happy  I drink one of these little bottles a day.

Honored Contributor

MomCat wrote:

blackhole99 wrote:

Are you saying the joint swelling diminished?  What do you contribute that to?  Do you have any fingers trying to go crooked at those joints?

I'm not a fan of AL, or his products (snake oil salesman), but I am pretty sure that the Gluc.Chond, MSM I take in the drink I mentioned have made a fair amount of difference with the arthritis in my fingers.

For the longest time the only time I could close my right hand, bending both joints in my fingers, was when I took some sort of STRONG narcotic pain meds (it would only last a few hours of course).   I could not make a fist with that hand, about 99% of the time.

Now, almost all the time, since I've been taking that drink, I can completely close my hand in a fist.  I think my right hand has always been worse because I'm left-handed.

Respected Contributor

chickenbutt - I'm right handed, and my right hand is the worst with pain and joint distortion.  This condition just started so I'm trying to figure out how to best deal with it.  Doctor offered no suggestions, so I'm on my own.  Not bad enough for pain meds at this time.