Honored Contributor

Serrapeptase cleared up my sinus issues. Works great. (But don't use it if you are on blood thinners.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Do you drink coffee during the day? I drink only about 1-2 cups in the morning but I attribute morning headaches to mild caffeine withdrawal. After I have my morning coffee they go away.

@froggy 

I have a friend that experienced exactly what you describe.  He went through quite a lot to get off of caffine.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I used to be awakened in the night and/or wake up with a headache...sometimes it was sinus issues but I changed pillows and it has cut way down on my headaches.

@Mom2Dogs 

We use the pillow covers from National Allergy whom my allergy doctor recommended.  Definitely changed DH's snoring.

They have all kinds of sprays to combat dust mites to animal dander as well as additives to clean with.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Serrapeptase cleared up my sinus issues. Works great. (But don't use it if you are on blood thinners.)

Never heard of it ,i will check it out.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Do you drink coffee during the day? I drink only about 1-2 cups in the morning but I attribute morning headaches to mild caffeine withdrawal. After I have my morning coffee they go away.

Yes ,i have noticed that also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest I have forced hot air gas heating in my home.....one I purchased a humidifier, my headache, sore throat and sinus problems dissappeared.

Honored Contributor

If you have gas heating systems, please get a carbon monoxide monitor.  Now.  You never know.  We came near to dying and had no idea what was going on until we bought a monitor.  Long story, but it can happen.

Also, cold fronts push masses of pollen from other areas in front of them and are a major cause of problems because of that alone.  

Our fronts come right off the rockies and push pollen from all those evergreens before them. I can't hear when they are coming in sometimes. 

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@On ItI only use unscented products, too.  Otherwise I get a headache, feel like I'm suffocating, and then an asthma attack kicks in.  Some products are worse than others.  I can't even go into a Yankee candle shop.  ☹

Candles have two main sources for their fragrance. Some are made with chemical fragrance. Others are made with essential oils; they are usually more expensive. I think it is the chemical base to the fragrance that is affecting us which is probably what is in laundry detergent, soaps, etc.

On the other hand, there is a host of Mother Nature's natural plants/pollens that do a number on my skin and nasal allergies.

Honored Contributor

I never get headaches. If I get one...something is wrong.

I either am going to get sick.... Or, have a bad tooth....or I have a brain tumor.  

I never "just have a head ache".

I am very in tune with my body and know the second something seems off. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Every morning ,for months when i wake up,i have a headache, allergies, i am thinking,or sinus?

@goldensrbest,  I don't think it's been mentioned, but when one of the clues is a headache upon awakening, the culprit might not just be the pillow itself or the bed linens.  
I deal with disabling migraines, some triggered by allergies.  I travelled to the Michigan Headache & Neurological Institute years ago for a complete work up followed by their ongoing consultations with my local neurologist.  
One of their tips:  

during the day our hair is a magnet for pollen, dust, all the pesky things that might be allergens, and when we sleep our hair can transfer the allergens to the pillow and then rub and push them into our eyes and nose.  
If possible, washing, or at least rinsing, our hair before bedtime can help avoid this. 
Great, thoughtful suggestions on this thread from people who care.🤗
Good wishes to everyone, and my special (((hugs))) to those who know what it's like deal with headaches and the myriad of side effects they can bring.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova