Respected Contributor

I had issues for years with sinus infections. A friend recommended an over the counter saline solution called "Ocean." It really helped, but there was a recall before the pandemic, and I have not been to a store in person to know if it is back in stock.

Honored Contributor
@geezerette

I don’t know what age you are, but when I was in my 50’s they were bad.
Without fail, low pressure would always set them off for me.
My trusted OBGYN back then told me I would be one of those women who would love menopause b/c the headaches would stop.
I clung to this theory! Lol
Good luck!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Over the counter allergy nasal spray has worked for me. I use Flonase or Nasonex.I or 2 sprays daily has helped me a lot.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@geezerette

I don’t know what age you are, but when I was in my 50’s they were bad.
Without fail, low pressure would always set them off for me.
My trusted OBGYN back then told me I would be one of those women who would love menopause b/c the headaches would stop.
I clung to this theory! Lol
Good luck!

@LTT1 

I saw the 50s many years ago.  I loved menopause, but not because the headaches stopped.  (I wish!)  In fact, they've gotten worse in the last few years.  Stress is a very big factor in my case I'm sure.

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain.

I suffered too, until my dietitian changed my diet, then headaches resolved and so did the dark circles under my eyes.

Honored Contributor

I turn 70 in December,way past menopause.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have alot of sinus/allergy issues and nasal congestion. I have been using this and it really works for temporary relief!

Heat water up in a pan and add some drops of this oil and breathe it in!

2cdf6803-3946-4029-90b9-2909fd60a35c_1.d7226b0b378d8eb07664d7c65e131add.jpeg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Years ago I would wake up with terrible headaches every morning.  Ended up being sleep apnea.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @Foxxee @ScrapHappy @CherryHugs @Abrowneyegirl 

In a small diffuser, I put in distilled water/deep blue (doTerra)/peppermint/digestzen (doTerra) and run it.

I can really tell when it stops because I stop up!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

All of the above headache causes for me.  It seems anything that CAN cause a headache is a trigger for me.  It's really the only health problem I have.  I never had problems of any kind with my period, but when I got older I suddenly started getting menstrual migraines.  The first one was the worst. I couldn't even move without getting nauseous. And then they discontinued my favorite medicince for it, Darvocet.  It was the only thing that didn't just make me sleepy. 

Now, I just get headaches in varying degrees.  I can usually tell when it's going to be a migraine beforehand because I will very suddenly get very tired and almost unable to keep my eyes open.  However, I'm never really quite sure how long before the headache will set in.  Usually it is several hours which is why it took me so long to make the connection.  

Weather fronts is another interesting one.  In extreme cases, like when we hav tornadoes, my eyesight will also get fuzzy.  

I almost always wake up with a headache the day after working in the yard and that could be dehydration, allergies, or maybe both.  I always have nasal issues when working in the yard. I hate waking up with a headache.  It's not a good start to the day.