Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

My instructions said not to drink anything red.

All clean outs say don't drink anything red!   This is why you only follow the instructions you are given.  Not what people tell you.  

Honored Contributor

Re: colonoscopy

[ Edited ]

@Scooby Doo : All prep instructions stress: Nothing : Red, Orange or Purple. All instructions have clear options like: white cranberry juice or white grape juice, water.

I chose the white cranberry juice because I didn't want anything too sweet because that is a lot of liquid to drink in a short period of time. Do what you know you can drink with out any problems. If unsure : try some of the miralax in your choice of drink before your procedure date.

Honored Contributor

@marip : My instructions were for the 8.3 ounce size Miralax. If you have questions or concerns you need to call your doctor.Screenshot_20231201-125856_kindlephoto-1227856644.png

Respected Contributor

You mix the 238 grams of powder Miralax (8.3 ounces) - just look for the 238 grams on bottle.

It doesn't matter what you drink it with as long as it is clear in color.

You don't want red or any dark colors as it can mimic blood.

I have acid reflux and I drink it with water only.  I chill it in refrigerator after mixing the powder with water (gator aide if it's clear your choice of flavor) for a bit if you have no acid issues)

Best to start avoiding fiber 5 days before at all cost, anything white is good.  White bread, white pasta, butter and jam, no vegetables of any sort and slowly eliminate food.  You won't even be hungry the day before.

And take the dulcolax pills before of course.  I start taking the pills at 1 pm and start drinking at 3 pm.  But I'm usually the first person in so I'm scheduled and ready for 7 am.

Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: colonoscopy

[ Edited ]

@marip wrote:

How much Miralax did you mix in?  My instructions were 1 and 1/4 cups

@marip  if you prefer to use a measuring cup, pour the miralax to the 1 1/4 mark. Follow the directions that the Dr printed out for you.

Contributor

I was given Ondansetron for the bowel prep.  I was only going to take it if I get nausea.  How quickly does it take to kick in?  Does it help?

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Scooby Doo : All prep instructions stress: Nothing : Red, Orange or Purple. All instructions have clear options like: white cranberry juice or white grape juice, water.

I chose the white cranberry juice because I didn't want anything too sweet because that is a lot of liquid to drink in a short period of time. Do what you know you can drink with out any problems. If unsure : try some of the miralax in your choice of drink before your procedure date.

@SouthernBee I didn't drink anything red.  The cherry frost I drank is white.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo : I am so sorry. I did not know that the frost was white. Please forgive me and my post.