Honored Contributor

If you use any brandname, how has it worked for you?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have taken Nature's Bounty Advanced Collagen which you can get pretty cheaply at Walmart fairly consistently for the better part of a year.  It's three pills daily and I think it's 1500 hydrolized collagen along with Vitamin C and Biotin.  

If it helps, once I am done my last two bottles that I added to meet free shipping over Christmas, I will not be taking it anymore.  I see no big difference at all in my skin or hair not that I needed a lot of help there yet.  The only thing I would say it did do is my nails are stronger than they were before and don't break as easily but not by so much that it's worth paying for.      

Honored Contributor

Re: collagen supplements

[ Edited ]

Several years ago several posters talked about NeoCell Collagen powder. I also tried it. It made me gag & it came back up. I could not tolerate the smell. Everyone else said it had no taste no smell. I could smell it. I switched to the capsules which are more expensive. I took it with Vit C. I bought it from iHerb. Now several posters are talking about Andrew Lessman's Marine Collagen. I have not tried it. If you search Marine Collagen in the search box above you will find all the posts about it. You can also search NeoCell to find some of those posts.

Honored Contributor

I took Youtheory Collagen pilis 1 and 3, for six months, did nothing for me.

Anyone try Consult Beaute Collagen powder. ?

Valued Contributor

Re: collagen supplements

[ Edited ]

I was one of those who took part years ago here in the Community on the Beauty Forum on a thread called something like "The Great Neocell Collagen Experiment".  I am still taking the collagen.  I take Neocell Collagen Type 1 & 3 in powder form.  I stir it into warm water and let it sit for a few mins. then I mix it with Emergen-C as it is good to take with Vitamin C and also because I do not like the taste without mixing it with something. I do this a few times a week at night before I go to bed.   In addition, I also take when I get up in the morning Neocell Collagen 2 in capsule form (4 at a time) with some Orange flavored Emergen-C.  The collagen needs to be taken on an empty stomach.

As for helping me, yes I believe it does.  My joints are good....no aches and pains (Collagen 2) and I did have that prior to beginning this regimen.  I also think it helps with my skin (Collagen 1&3).  I order mine from Iherb.