Frequent Contributor

Re: are you doing these things?

There are many cases in Brazil and Australia.   Don't bury your head in the sand.   We have never seen the likes of this.  I've worked in dental office over 40 years and this is beyond anything we have ever dealt with.  Children are getting this, perhaps not dying, but are carrying it to others.  Just as some people are carriers and contaminating everyone around them unknowingly.  Don't be a Typhoid Mary.  Don't know that story? Look it up.  Wish you well. 

Respected Contributor

well w va is now included! 

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby 

Have you not seen the map showing the spread to ALL hemispheres?

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-map-for-tracking-covid-19-cases-state-country-microsoft-...

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

If i had gone to a  medical facility I do think I would change my shoes and clothes!

I normally do this anyway, where I change my clothes after I've been to a doctor's appointment.

I also wash up afterwards, too.

Our doctor's offices are usually inside of the hospital, where you have to walk through part of the hospital to get to the doctor's offices on the other floor of the building.

It depends on which hospital campus you go to though, as our hospital system is part of a large network and all of the hospital buildings are laid out differently.

Trusted Contributor

These are all really great sanitizing ideas.

My husband usually does our laundry in the downstairs laundry room of our apartment building,

Before the Covid Virus, I had told him to start using extra Oxy-Clean in our laundry anyway, and he has started doing that. 

We're continuing to do that.

Respected Contributor

What I am doing when I have to grocery shop is use Latex gloves. (I got them by the case last year because I feed a few stray cats when handling their plastic dishes) A suggestion is those Latex gloves that some wash dishes with... You can cleanse them with soap & alcohol & use them again if you have them. I do take my shoes off before entering my home & use the same shoes when grocery shopping. I follow the CDC guidelines. Unfortunetly the stores are not re-stocking fast enough. Stay Safe to all!

Contributor

As a family member of a medical doctor  for many years when he came home he would remove his clothes in the garage  and put everything in the washing machine . 

It has been advised for years to not go out in public with scrubs from hospitals because some germs latch on to your fabric.  I see young health care workers in grocery stores often with what appears to be work clothes walking around shopping possibly unaware of the possible transmission of viruses on their clothing or lab coats. 

This is important for informed health care workers to be more vigilant in aspetic and clean technique.

Honored Contributor

@jonim, you are so right. When I was working I always undressed as soon as I got home and my uniforms or scrubs went into the laundry. I almost always then showered. My shoes were kept at the hospital and the shoes I wore home I always removed before entering the house. I worked in ICU and oncology at that time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the most part. I have nice comfy clothes I wear when I'm at home. Most of would not wear out so I do change clothes. I also change my shoes because the shoes I wear indoors I don't wear outside.

When I go shopping I put all those things up. I'm not washing off all packaged foods etc. Not happening. Just wash your hands after you have opened it before eating it.

I do use clorox wipes on most things I have received in the mail before putting up. When finished I wash my hands, use a clorox wipe on door knobs, steering wheel, counter etc. Wash my hands again & use hand sanitizer.

DH has to wear a uniform shirt to work so first thing he does is take it off & put on a t-shirt. He does not change his jeans. He does take his boots off & puts on his tennis shoes. I always say did you wash your hands before you start touching anything in the house? He's mad I keep asking?

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

i wash my hands when i get home and wipe off my purse!

That's it for me too.