Honored Contributor

I have been on the med for a month and I find my legs and knees getting more and more painful and sore and my lower back aches also, this is one of the common reactions, I can not live this way, I use a walker for support and I have an appointment with my Cardio tomorrow, I am going to ask her to change to another med, I can not live with this pain

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I am glad you are seeing your doctor. Here is hoping a change in medication will stop your discomfort. Best wishes in finding a solution.

Honored Contributor

Re: Xarelto Reaction

[ Edited ]

I won't go into all the details, but my DH was on warfarin for years and for some reason a doctor switched him to Xarelto.

It wasn't even a few months later, that he went in for his regular check at the hospital.  They did blood tests and he drove himself home (40-mile round trip) only to get a call that he needed to get to the ER immediately and not to drive himself.

I took him.  He was so anemic from internal bleeding that they said they couldn't believe that he was still standing.  Four days in ICU, multiple blood transfusions...and then "internal bleeding is a known side effect"???

For someone on blood thinners?  I wanted him to join the class-action lawsuit against the makers of Xarelto, because they deliberately downplayed this side effect, but he just wanted to put it all behind him.

It still makes me angry that big Pharma gets away with this.

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

It's very good that you are seeing your doctor.

Honored Contributor

Wasn't it just last week you were saying it was such a wonderful drug?

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter  I was confused the blood thinner had nothing to do with the lack of afib attacks, it is from the new configuration of my BP meds

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I posted this a while, I was off the med and went on the Elliquis and have muscle reactions. I have been back on Xarelto for 4 weeks and I have terrible lower back pain, my legs are like lead and I am very sad about this situation. I am seeing a rhumetolist in early Nov since the cardo does not find that my symptoms are a reaction and yet I have seen documentation, so I stuck between the virtual rock and the hard place,

Honored Contributor

Warfarin is so antiquated, that most docs are trying to get patients on a more modern type of blood thinner, not everything works well for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Warfarin is so antiquated, that most docs are trying to get patients on a more modern type of blood thinner, not everything works well for everyone. 

@Shelbelle my mother-in-law started out on Warfarin and it got to a point where if you waved a feather over her she would get those really ugly purple bruises.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle my mother-in-law started out on Warfarin and it got to a point where if you waved a feather over her she would get those really ugly purple bruises.

It is a horrible drug to be on, dont they call it rat poison ? Modern medicine has come along way since Warfarin.