Valued Contributor

Re: Worst Flu I Have Ever Had

On 12/22/2014 MalteseMomma said:

{#emotions_dlg.sad} I'm so sorry .I hope you are feeling better

Thank you MalteseMomma. Everyday a little better. Strangely, I feel better knowing there is a name to what this is {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Valued Contributor

Exactly why I REFUSE to get a flu shot. Everyone I ever knew that got the flu shot got really sick. I'll take my chances and let my immune system take care of it.

Respected Contributor

Did a doctor diagnose you with the flu? Meaning did your doctor do the "shove up the nose" test on you confirming this was influenza? Shove up the nose test is what it felt like to me, anyway.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Exactly why I REFUSE to get a flu shot. Everyone I ever knew that got the flu shot got really sick. I'll take my chances and let my immune system take care of it.

Whenever I didn't get the flu shot I got the flu.

I get the flu shot every year and have been getting it for over 15 years and I have never came down with the flu since. Not even a cold.

Everybody's different.

Respected Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Oneanddone said:

I get the flu shot every year and have been getting it for over 15 years and I have never came down with the flu since. Not even a cold.

Everybody's different.

Unfortunately, this years flu shot apparently missed the most common and highly virulent strain of flu that is cropping up this year. It is hoped that despite it not targeting the correct strain that it will still help reduce the severity and improve recovery speed of anyone who gets this flu.

Respected Contributor

Every doctor I know says that the flu shot they gave this year does not address the strain of flu that is going around, so basically no one is protected.

Super Contributor

On 12/22/2014 sparklestar said:

It's probably the shot itself that caused it and not the flu.

Rubbish. You don't get the flu from the flu shot. You can get mild symptoms, or the shot can be ineffective, but you don't get the flu from the shot. It's a myth.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/22/2014 Oneanddone said:

Everybody's different.

Unfortunately, this years flu shot apparently missed the most common and highly virulent strain of flu that is cropping up this year. It is hoped that despite it not targeting the correct strain that it will still help reduce the severity and improve recovery speed of anyone who gets this flu.

They say that EVERY year!! Nothing new.

Super Contributor

When I was a little girl, my father made us get a flu shot....a always became very ill with the flu after the shot. I choose never to get vaccinated for the flu since then. NEVER!
Frequent Contributor

On 12/22/2014 ednapsych said:
On 12/22/2014 ednapsych said:
On 12/22/2014 va603 said:

I'm an emergency room nurse and I can tell you the flu is out early this year and with a vengeance. The rash you are experiencing is most likely fifth disease and is viral in nature.

Thank you va603. I will look that up. Will I get better?

Just read up on it. That is exactly what I have!! At least now I know. Bad news is it can last 3 weeks Smiley Sad.

No problemSmiley Happy I have seen several adults this year with fifth disease. Much more common with kids. Hope you are feeling better soon.