Honored Contributor

Working Out for Charity!

[ Edited ]

I attended a boot camp style class yesterday morning which was part of a 2 day marathon of classes hosted by a local training studio, the proceeds going to fund surgeries for people who cannot afford them.  The class I attended was led by the owner of the training studio that I work out of as an independent trainer.

There were around 25-30 people in the class, mostly looking to be from college age to early 30's, with a couple of 40 somethings that I knew from the studio I work out of.

About 3/4 of the way through the class, we were told to do a plank, and then the plank turned into a plank challenge with the class leader timing it.  I started to notice people giving out around me and then around 3 minutes in, I noticed that it was just me and a guy I know from my studio.  People started hootin and hollerin and I heard my name "GO KITTY LOU!"  2 girls sitting next to me who had given up said, "She doesn't even look tired!".  The owner of the hosting studio came over to me (while I was planking) and handed me a gift certificate (food!) and then, when the guy who was left gave out and I was still planking, the owner came over again to congratulate me on winning the challenge and gave me another gift certificate (for food!!!).  The final time was over 4 minutes, but I don't know exactly how long.  I coulda held out longer, but hey, I'd already won!

Here I am, a 66 year old 120 lb. trainer who beat all these young and fit athletic type people.

Yeah, I was kinda proud.

Yes, I was.

And the owner of the studio I work out of and who led the class was just beaming at "his" trainer.

Made my day.

PLUS, the event raised almost $45,000, all of which is going to fund the charity!

Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Working Out for Charity!

@QueenDanceALot, You go girl!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Not only am I proud of you, but thanks for the inspiration!Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

Wow, @QueenDanceALot! Good for you and everyone who participated in the event!! You are an inspiration for all of us!

Esteemed Contributor

cheers all around -- and what a wonderful charity event

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

This morning when I went in to work I found out that the charity ended up raising $46,200, which was $6,000 above this year's goal!  I am very proud of our fitness community for coming out to support such a worthy cause.

I also found out that the class I was in had over 30 participants and that some of the peeps I beat at the plank challenge were a group of sorority girls (haha) AND several guys from a Rugby team.

HA!!

Esteemed Contributor

All that training paid off @QueenDanceALot! Good for you! 

A fun day, a personal acccomplishment, raising money for a great cause and the Rugby team? What could be better? 

Really proud of you Kitty Cat! Cat Happy

Valued Contributor

gold-medal.jpg