Honored Contributor

Re: What will you change after vaccine?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm not changing a thing until more is known about protection from getting infected with a variant and just how long I have immunity. I'm just waiting to see if anyone, who is fully vaccinated, comes down with covid. That will be all over the news when it happens.

@SilleeMee @I want to know the same thing. How many fully vaccinated persons have tested positive for COVID after vaccination? How many hospital admissions following full vaccinations? How many ICU admissions and deaths? How many obese and very obese fall into the category rise of positive patients? Same for those over 70, though I am not over 70. How many positive nursing home cases for those fully vaccinated; two weeks or more post vaccination? 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I have not done for a  year is attend art shows/antique festivals....we have been eating out, going to, friends homes, etc, etc all year.

Honored Contributor

I am fully vaccinated now and no longer feel nervous to go shopping or be around people.  It is SO NICE!  Still mask up and distance for  the consideration of everyone else....but I am not worried like I use to be that I got the virus at the store...waiting for symptoms. 

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

AND NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA. ALLOWED TO THE PUBLIC BY EMERGENCY USE ONLY

And Thank God  for that! With 530K  plus deaths in the US  in just one year....it was and IS  an emergency.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have a lot of faith in the vaccines although I got them because I was getting harassed about it, but I'm taking a wait and see attitude until the efficacy and term of the vaccine are better understood. 

At this point, it is a huge unknown.  

Respected Contributor

This thread saddens me. I feel Ike some of these experts need to be kicked to the curb. If people won't change anything after getting vaccinated what is the point. 

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 Wrote:

I probably won't change anything. My life has remained the same throughout this mess. We got both of our vaccines already. We have continued to have holiday get togethers. I've hugged and kissed my children and my only grandchild. No issues here whatsoever. I feel sorry for those that live in fear. 

Oh my.........I feel sorry for the 100,000 people just in the U.S. alone that have passed away and so sorry for their families that have suffered the lost of a loved one.  So many will never be able to "hug and kiss their children and grandchild".  So many will "live in fear" after what they've experienced.  They worry, will this happen again to another person they love?   Sorry, but some of us live in fear as our lives have not been as blessed as yours.

Respected Contributor

Well I am 2 weeks post  2nd Pfizer vaccination  and I am returning to church this Sunday. I have not been for close to 1 year since the virus shut everything down. My church is continuing attendance restrictions, you must register for the service and wear a mask and social distance. I have also been able to hug my 5 yo grandson which was very special.  Otherwise I will still limit going out until things are much better

Honored Contributor

People. I will get back to my people. I miss my people.

And I will get new glasses. That's one non-urgent health thing I have been putting off. I just couldn't shake the feeling of the ophthalmologist breathing on me. They sit so close! It wasn't worth it since my vision is fine and my eyes are healthy and my glasses and contacts are serviceable.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I will get back to socializing in small groups with vaccinated people.

I will continue to stay away from non-mask and non-vax people.  As several have said, we really don't know how things will shake out the next few months, so it's best to stay away from them.