Honored Contributor

Florida will be adding to their eligibility for vaccinations

[ Edited ]

Florida will be adding all persons age 60  and over beginning Monday, 3/15. We've been vaccinating all those 65 and over since the beginning. Persons with underlying health conditions have been able to get shots at hospitals, if they have been patients of the hospital, for a couple of months. Additionally, beginning Monday, persons that meet criteria from this list, can get vaccinated at state run sites:

• Persons under 65 deemed medically vulnerable* by a physician. A form is required. Go to Fla dept of health to obtain one.
  • K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older;
  • Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older; and
  • Firefighters 50 years of age and older

I'm not sure, but I think I also heard that Publix, Walgreens and CVS will be following the same guidelines. The state has also partnered with churches across the state to vaccinate underserved communities. 

Florida has completed 4,771,036 vaccinations as of today.  This is the total number of shots given, not the total number of series of both shots completed.

FEMA run sites here in Florida may have different guidelines.

MOST ENCOURAGING is this:

7CC225FB-4810-46A1-BFC1-ECCDEAE89E90.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Florida will be adding to their eligibility for vaccinations

Ohio is already dropped the required age to 50.   Almost 20% of population vaccinated. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Ohio is already dropped the required age to 50.   Almost 20% of population vaccinated. 

I very easily got an appointment for today!  There were tons of appointments opened.  

Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy 

Florida has a higher percentage of seniors 65 years of age and over than most states.

Trusted Contributor

I am 63 and I have an appt for Monday afternoon for my vaccine.  I was able to pre-register on Wednesday, signed up, got a call back within an hour with an appt for both the first and the second vaccines.

I am both excited and a little scared.

Respected Contributor

• @Mindy D My state, Connecticut has the following schedule based on the latest data: 
  • March 22, 2021: Expands to ages 45 to 54
  • April 12, 2021: Expands to ages 35 to 44
  • May 3, 2021: Expands to ages 16 to 34

Governor Lamont has also opened Most Connecticut businesses on March 15 but has asked residents to continue to wear masks.  We will be having cookouts before July 4 as a result.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I very easily got an appointment for today!  There were tons of appointments opened.  

Not bad since they already finished nursing homes, health care workers, first responders, all teachers and school employees.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

All adults can sign up for the vaccine after April 5 in Michigan. 

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I am 63 and I have an appt for Monday afternoon for my vaccine.  I was able to pre-register on Wednesday, signed up, got a call back within an hour with an appt for both the first and the second vaccines.

I am both excited and a little scared.

@Miss Pepsi @Good luck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Xivambala wrote:

@CrazyDaisy 

Florida has a higher percentage of seniors 65 years of age and over than most states.

@Xivambala 

Snowbirds.  Not even my relatives resent being called that.  In fact, they kind of like it.  Lots of older people from the north and northeast spend half their year in Florida and the other half in the north and northeast so they get their shots in Florida where they are readily avaiable.

Just in the Villages alone, there were approximately 110,000 residents in 2012 and it has grown since then.  There are also many other retirement communities in Florida.  Almost 10% of the people living in the Villages were born outside this country.