Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do to increase your energy?

Nothing.

I get spurts of energy that I have no explanation for. I just “go with the flow.” Then take a nap!

Doc warned me not to over-do it. To pace myself.
Super Contributor

@SilleeMee what does matcha taste like? 

Honored Contributor

@Memebell wrote:

@SilleeMee what does matcha taste like? 

@Memebell 

Matcha tastes like very strong green tea because that's what it is...powdered green tea.  It has a grassy flavor and is very slightly bitter with some very light sweetness to it. Better quality matcha  (ceremonial grade) has the least amount of bitterness and is smoother to the pallet. If you're going to drink it hot then ceremonial grade is best. Otherwise culinary grade is fine for smoothies, cold drinks and in cooking. 

Respected Contributor

What do I do?

The things that actually work. Eat a healthy, clean diet. That means very little sugar or processed foods.  Deliberate, focused exercise at least an hour a day, 5 days a week. Get enough sleep. Maintain an appropriate body weight within the range for my height. 

These are, unfortunately, the things that most people won’t make the commitment needed to make them work. There’s no magic pill or potion. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Exercise...and coffee Smiley Happy!

Respected Contributor

Doing stuff makes me energetic. Sometimes I have to turn off the computer to eliminate that distraction and force myself to start working. Once I get going, unless I run into roadblocks or I'm doing things that are physically taxing, I find that finishing one task leads to doing another.

It can be easy to confuse a lack of motivation with a lack of energy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Getting more sleep makes a difference for me, although I’ve had days I’ve been full of energy on only 4 or 5 hours sleep.

My body needs a very balanced diet.  I try to be mindful of that.

Honored Contributor

Do some walking exercise from you tube Smiley Happy Or any exercise will help.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller