Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

He is a black & tan long haired doxie.  I inherited him from my daughter (already spoiled).  He is such a joy!  
The last PT visit we walked around the house outside.  I asked Zorro if he wanted to go outside and he jumped down and walked with us and then back inside, just like he knew the drill.  So cute!

Thanks again for staying in touch.

@Zhills

Zorro is such a cute name!  He looks like a smart dog!  My granddog, Jasper, goes with his Dad to work sometimes and just recently met a long-haired doxie (Bentley) that one of the other architects brought in.  They are friends!

Bentley.JPG

Bentley

Bentley & Jasper.JPG

Bentley and Jasper

Esteemed Contributor

Awwwwwwwwwwww!  They are precious.  Thanks for sharing.  I need all the "ups" I can get!

Respected Contributor

@Zhills

Happy Labor Day, Zhills!!!  Here's one of my favorite dog videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQVWefH1zU

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Did you have a decent Labor Day holiday?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Zhills

Hi!  I always have two occasions to celebrate Labor Day!  I went into labor with my second son on that day!  So, it is his birthday as well!  How are you doing?  How is that cutie pie, Zorro?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you do...

[ Edited ]

@fortune@Bird mama

Thanks for asking.  I had a great day.  My son is a great cook and he made a prime rib on the Ronco rotisserie and it was superb!  Good cut of meat and done to perfection.  He sent the rest home with me in FoodSaver bags.  Yum.  Zorro enjoys going over there.  He has 3 big dogs so they don't play.

Still get tired very quickly but I am feeling OK and doing a few things around the house.  Normal seems to be in sight.

You will never know how important a role you have played during this experience.  I did not expect such a warm response on here but it has been priceless.

Love your "labor day" story!  You really took it seriously didn't you??  Hope your son is your joy like mine is.

Hope both of you had a great day as well.  How is Jasper?

Respected Contributor

Re: What did you do...

[ Edited ]

@Zhills

@Zhills wrote:

@fortune@Bird mama

Thanks for asking.  I had a great day.  My son is a great cook and he made a prime rib on the Ronco rotisserie and it was superb!  Good cut of meat and done to perfection.  He sent the rest home with me in FoodSaver bags.  Yum.  Zorro enjoys going over there.  He has 3 big dogs so they don't play.

Still get tired very quickly but I am feeling OK and doing a few things around the house.  Normal seems to be in sight.

You will never know how important a role you have played during this experience.  I did not expect such a warm response on here but it has been priceless.

Love your "labor day" story!  You really took it seriously didn't you??  Hope your son is your joy like mine is.

Hope both of you had a great day as well.  How is Jasper?

Lucky you!!  Prime rib with take-home portions!!!  My mouth is watering as I type this!  My son (who is the light of my life) cooks for me sometimes.  He barbeques a mean steak, and Jasper helps with the leftovers!

Wow!  Three big dogs!  That must be great for the winter time--when it's a "three dog night."

I'm so glad you are able to do some work around the house and are feeling better!  It sure helps your mood when you can do things for yourself!

Jasper is fine and sends his love to you and Zorro!

A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR IS KEY!.jpg

Honored Contributor

@fortune

Jasper has his lights on.  You can tell that is one thinking dog.  My dog Max (RIP) was boxer mixed with german shepherd.  I'd swear I could hear Max's gears working when he was thinking something through :-)

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@fortune

Jasper has his lights on.  You can tell that is one thinking dog.  My dog Max (RIP) was boxer mixed with german shepherd.  I'd swear I could hear Max's gears working when he was thinking something through :-)

@Bird mama

Thank you!!!  Of course we think Jasper is one of the smartest dogs in the world--but we're biased!!!  I think that dogs and animals, in general, are vastly underrated in their abilities to think things through!!!  I see it with my birds, too.  I have a feeder and watering dishes and have over 10 species who visit every day!  16x16_heart.png

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Image result for thinking of you balloons