Respected Contributor

Wellness, nutrition recommendation please

Happy Sunday All,

I am looking for some recommendations for a book or author that writes some upbeat, positive even humorous approach to nutrition, health and wellness.

I am looking for a gift for someone.  Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wellness, nutrition recommendation please

Penn Jillette

"Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear"

Success story about health & wellness, humorous...but extremely saucy w/ language.  Most every author will be positive about their experience...hard to pick just one author without knowing the recipient's passion or focus. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom  it is hard, I agree.  She is very into health, cooking and nutrition.  I am trying to stay in that vein with some humor and fun .  She has a lot of stress right now and she reads for "quiet time" so I was looking for something to be a 'lift' for her spirit without being preachy.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl

Dr. Kenneth Cooper has written many books on fitness/nutrition and their correlations to overall health and fitness. His programs were used by the first United States Astronauts before heading to outer space.

I have most of his books and they have been invaluable for me to read/follow and use for my personal health/nutrition and fitness for many years of my life. I went to every Clinic he gave in our city and learned new things about the human body with each Clinic.

He was/is way ahead of his time when it came the true definitions of: True Physical Fitness and Real Nutritional Values in relation to human life in relation to one's best ways to health and their top goals when it comes to their personal choice of how physically and mentally fit one chose/chooses to be.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

"Smart Girls Do Dumbells" on Amazon.