Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hi everyone its a beautiful day here in Pa. Been reading and keeping up with all of you and wishing that I could do just a little of what your all able to do. but these legs of mine are showing me that they are now in charge of what I am able to do, which is not very much. Just glad I can hobble around on them. Sure hoping that Patty and family are all right and doing well. Miss her stories of her little Lucy. Patty if your reading still have prayers being said for your wonderful son.  Everyone have a nice day. Nomeless hope the job out look starts to look out in your favor. Saying some prayers for you also I know it works your nerves when your used to having some place to go every day and get paid for being there.

Respected Contributor

Hi all, did an inside workout today, looked like rain but it never did.   I rebounded for over an hour and burned a lot of calories and got in my 10,000 steps, then did my bike and will do some TG later this afternoon.

Cater sorry your legs are giving your troubles....maybe try focusing on upper body and abs to exercise.   We all push along and it's not always something we want to do...I"m feeling pooped today.  I also wish Patty would check in.  I pray for her and her son everynight hoping everything is alright with all of them.  Miss the Lucy stories too, such a sweetie.

Nomless I pray you find a job also.  I still think better things are in store for you.  Your doing great getting your weights back into your routine.

Tony you doing alright?

I know many people read this thread but don't comment.  Remember this isn't a thread where you have to be this big workout fanatic.  It's just nice folks encouraging each other to stay healthy and also just to say hi and what their day was like.  We enjoy everyone.

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, everone.  I just finished Katami.  Good workout.  It feels good to do arm things again

Skylark, enjoy your day at the park.  Thanks for your good wishes.

Cater, thank you, also.  I was happy to see your post and to know you're doingsok.  It's good to know you're there cheering us on in our workouts and about the challenges we're facing in our daily lives.  Thank you.  Same goes for you, too, you know....we wish you well in your challenges, too.  Like you, I miss heariang about Patty's family and Lucy.  

Hi, Bopper.  You did a good job today, as usual.  Rebounding more than an hour is hard work!  Plus other things..wow!   You're becoming a macine like Patty!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning everyone here.  Such a nice post from Cater,and thoughts about Patty and her son. I wish we would hear from her,too.   Cater, even hobbling around as you put it is something physical, you're doing what you can and that matters alot.   Haven't heard from Tony much either. 

Bopper,you're so consistent with your activity,wish I could be more like you and Nomless.  Love your posts, gives me goals.

We had a nice day but it was pretty hot and more crowded than you would think on a weekday.

I've a question for everyone here....what kind of shoes do you wear for your walking?  Been having heel pain in one foot.... thinking maybe need new shoes.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, it's a warm one here too but I heard by the weekend cooler.   I did a combination of things this morning.  Rode 30 miles on my Xbike ( from HSN), then did Total Gym back and legs, then rebounded to get my 10,000 steps in.  I am pooped right now.  Need food!

Skylark I have a very hard time finding comfortable shoes.  I have a larger foot and sometimes I need a 10 1/2 ( hard size to find) and sometims 11 but I have to have superior cusioning in the forefoot and I can't afford  120$ shoes..I see shoes marked down but not in my size on footwear sites.   I have tried the Ryka shows here on the Q but I find they run small....Asics don't seem to have the cushion I am looking for, I have New Balance and they weren't comfortable either, Nike..I have tried many brands and am still searching.  Good luck in your find...

Nomless are you doing a Katami tonight?   I will probably take Logan out for a short walk but it's very warm for him.  I do need to call the groomer too, his coat is so bulky now and shedding.

Waving to Tony, deeva, Patty, we miss all of you!

Respected Contributor

60 min cardio done on elliptical and treadmill.

Bopper, good job as usual.  You spend a lot of time being active. For me, 60 min is a push.

Skylark - heel pain --- I hope it's not plantar fasciitis.  I've been dealing with heel pain since Feb., but fortunately, it's not too bad.  I'm not much help about shoes.  Do you have a Foot Locker or similar store nearby?  You can explain your problem and ask for advice.  I think you'll want something with good arch support.  Right now, I'm using Asics with my own arch inserts.  Best wishes to you....I hope the heel pain is temporary.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I thought I checked in Monday but I don't see it.

I worked the weekend which wasn't too bad but we keep having major bed crunches. The ER has been full and beds are full so everything gets backed up. Weird cos it's usually a winter problem.

Nomless- fingers are crossed still! I agree with bopper- something good coming!

Skylark- I had the same thought as nomless about your heel. Pay attention to it! I haven't found good sneakers either. Rykas fit good but no cushion and asics did not fit well. I do have a pair of new balance walkers- I like them but , like bopper, I need front cushioning. I am a clunker walker- very fast and hard. I know nomless was trying to find comfortable shoes, too. It should not be so hard! I actually do best with workboots- I wear them a lot ( kinda hard in the summer to look inconspicuous !)

Cater- I'm sorry you are having some difficulties. Just do what you can. Like nomless said- do what you can.

I've been out walking (workboots on!). I thought I was getting out of slug mode but kinda still in it! 

Still enjoying beautiful weather here- no complaints!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Tony,I'm happy to see you!   Enjoy your walks outside while the weather is beautiful.  Crazy days at work probably means the time goes by fast. Have fun.

Respected Contributor

Katami done.  I increased my weights to make it a little harder. Can probably add more.

It's a rainy cool day today.  In the 60s.  I love it. Windows are open

I had lunch with a friend today.  Other than that, I didn't do much. It's funny how having lunch and doing a workout can take up the whole day!

Respected Contributor

It's a beautiful cool day here.  Yesterday I did elliptical and treadmill, today Katami.  

This afternoon, I need to help a friend with her computer.  It has Win 10 and she can't find her way around, having used only Win 7 before.  I haven't used Win 10 either, but I can probably figure it out.  We'll probably go some place for dinner after we get tired of compuer-ing. 

I hope everyone is having a fun weekend.